Purpose of Role:
Dentons is currently recruiting for a Global Conflicts Analyst who will be responsible for assisting with the review, identification and resolution of potential conflicts issues with respect to clients, matters, and new business under applicable rules of professional responsibility and the Firm’s global policies. The role will work closely with members across the Firm’s Global Business Acceptance Department.
Dentons is the world’s largest law firm. We’re the lightbulb moments. The bold ideas. The international deals. We’re a truly global, polycentric firm with offices in over 80+ countries. Moving with innovation. Making the decisions that will take us from largest to leading. From now to next. The opportunity is huge.
- Work with the Global Conflicts Manager and others in department to assist with conflict checking new clients and matters across a range of different jurisdictions with a focus on Hong Kong and ASEAN jurisdictions
- Utilize available internal and external databases and other such resources to supplement analysis and assist with decision making.
- Ensure that all necessary information is obtained so that an accurate conflict search can be completed.
- Communicate with Partners, and other lawyers and professionals to follow up on and address all potential conflicts of interest
- Prepare as needed waiver/consent language, engagement letters or other such documentation
- Proactively communicate with department leadership on complex conflicts questions and other compliance issues
- Support on general conflict issues that may arise in any jurisdiction
- Assisting with information barriers and document security management as needed
- Assist with training firm Legal Administrative Assistants, lawyers and business services staff in understanding the firm’s new matter intake, conflicts, Anti Money Laundering, and other compliance procedures
- Review and provide thorough and timely analysis of all new business in order to identify ethical and business conflicts of interest.
- Involved in handling business clearances across Dentons offices
- Undertake various related department projects as required
- Other duties as may be assigned to fully meet the requirements of the position
- Maintain thorough, accurate and current records of all conflicts resolutions in order to ensure integrity of the database and assist in identification and clearing of future conflicts of interest and general matter management
- Business international level of English – both written and oral;
- Fluency in Mandarin or another language is desirable– both written and oral;
- Highly collaborative and able to work in a global environment, accommodating the different time zones.
- Particularly strong written communication skills;
- Particularly strong organizational skills and the ability to manage numerous requests;
- Adept in responding to challenges and issues as they arise;
- Able to thrive working under pressure, and be able to multi-task;
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to work with a wide variety of people and projects in a collective and collaborative manner.
- Prior experience working with law firms or corporate legal departments a plus.
- Independent, pro-active way of working.
- Able to effectively negotiate with and influence colleagues and others to achieve a successful outcome;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; can clearly explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to their resolution;
- Can demonstrate initiative and the ability to be proactive, anticipating needs;
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure;
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Fluency in English – both written and oral;
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or another language is desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is desirable;
- Prior experience working with law firms or corporate legal departments with Intapp conflict checking, ethical wall and business intake software a plus.
- Significant experience and a proven track record in/as:
- Be a team player, able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus
- Understanding and experience of business continuity requirements and implementations
- Has commercial awareness and understands the business value required from IT investments;
- Methodical approach to work with a strong focus on accuracy, attention to details, consistency and quality.
- Able to work under pressure to tight project deadlines and can adapt to differing demands, prioritizing tasks where appropriate and ensuring complete ‘follow through’ on operational issues;
- Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Can carry out all responsibilities in a way that supports the practices values and promotes its equal opportunities and diversity principles.
Diversity & Inclusion
Essential to our success as a global law firm is our ability to attract and retain the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. We want a work environment where everyone can reach their potential and we have an inclusive culture which respects individual differences.
We undertake and support a number of internal and external initiatives aimed at increasing diversity within the profession and we encourage all our partners and staff to get involved.
Dentons is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
Reward and Recognition
Remuneration and benefits package will reflect the successful candidates experience and country where hire
Work from home