About Pocket Worlds
Our mission is to make the metaverse a reality and our vision is a decentralized virtual world built and owned by its citizens.
We have been working towards this mission for a decade. We are the creators of Highrise, the first virtual world on mobile, which has seen extraordinary growth over the last few years and now boasts over 20 million users across iOS and Android. Every day, the citizens of Highrise come together to hangout, explore, create, collect, and trade digital assets in our metaverse, and this has all flourished despite the constraints of Web 2.0.
This was only the first chapter in our story, and we are on the precipice of making history once again with Web3 and Highrise World.
About This Role
We are growing and looking for a skilled and enthusiastic artist with some (or a lot of!) experience with games and/or visual development for animation to work across a variety of art tasks.
Our imagery is fun, colorful and energetic, but also quirky, lighthearted and friendly. We are looking for someone with a distinct style that matches our brand image and can push our brand image to its limits.
This role, along with our entire company, is fully remote.
As Game Artist, you will…:
- Create various 2D game assets such as clothing, avatar cosmetics, props, furniture, and isometric environments from concept to final polished vector and implementation
- Design icons and create illustrations for in-game events and promotions
- Brainstorm ideas with the team for new content releases
To be successful in this role, we’d expect you to…:
- Be comfortable working with Adobe Illustrator
- Have a strong foundation in drawing, anatomy, perspective, and color
- Learn and adapt to an existing art style
- Have an interest in fashion, modern trends, and pop culture
- Be comfortable working on a variety of topics and themes – cute, trendy, scary, quirky, fantasy, sci-fi, and everything in between
- Spend time to understand the Highrise community
- Communicate effectively in a fully remote working environment
- Know how to give and take constructive feedback
- Be fluent in both spoken and written English
Within 3 months, you’ll…:
- Learn to work within the technical constraints of our system
- Create new avatar clothing, hair, and cosmetics from start to finish
Within 6 months, you’ll…:
- Create a wide range of assets for new content releases; avatar clothing/cosmetics, props, furniture, environments, icons, etc.
- Become familiar with our huge library of 10,000+ items
- Be involved in brainstorming and planning ideas for future content releases