Ryanair Holdings plc, Europe’s largest airline group, is the parent company of Buzz, Lauda, Malta Air & Ryanair DAC. Carrying over 154 m guests p.a. on more than 2,400 daily flights from 82 bases, the group connects over 200 destinations in 40 countries on a fleet of over 475 aircraft.
In 2014 Ryanair decided to open the first state-of-the-art digital & IT innovation hub – Ryanair Labs Wrocław. More than 200 IT enthusiasts working on 30+ projects with a collaboration with Dublin, Madrid and Portugal Labs are making your travel experience unique. As a result of our continued expansion, we want to hear from the best IT experts the European market has to offer to join our Labs.
Our Frontend development team is made up of almost 30 Software Engineer, working across 15 independent teams. These delivery focused project pods work on the Ryanair website, Ryanair Rooms website and internal applications. Our continuous delivery approach means we follow the Agile Scrum methodology.
We are looking for talented software engineer to join our digital development team. In this role you will work closely with our development and product team to develop, modify and support our website and user interfaces across all channels. We want someone who is motivated by emerging technologies and has a passion to drive digital transformation. A real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced retail environment is essential. You will be joining Ryanair at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to become digital leaders and pioneers.
Our Tech Stack is based on the latest frontend technologies and frameworks. We are using the latest version of Angular, Typescript, NgRx, RxJs etc. and a microsites architecture. All our projects are hosted in the cloud (AWS) using a serverless infrastructure delivered with cloud native pipelines. We are using feature flags to rapidly deliver new functionalities to our users safely.
- Delivering best-in-class user interfaces across the Ryanair.com platform.
- Developing high quality, testable and performance software using agile practices.
- Driving best technology and software development practices in the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Assisting analysts and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders.
- Striving for continuous improvement within the team.
- Proficient on modern frontend technology stack (HTML5, Typescript, CSS).
- Expert knowledge of building high performing and available websites and how to apply page performance optimization techniques.
- Adept at building and maintaining cross browser/device compatible sites.
- Exposure or appreciation of agile development practices.
- Passionate about user experience.
- Comfortable working and maintaining a CI/CD environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent understanding of the coding standards required for high volume websites from a security and performance perspective.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a fast paced commercial environment.
Bonus points for:
- AWS knowledge and proficiency (CloudFront, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, CDK etc.)
- Experience working with GraphQL API’s
- Experience of working with large e-commerce websites and their underlying databases.
- IT Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
FORMS OF EMPLOYMENT/BENEFITS
Contract of employment (permanent contract after trial period)
- Possible hybrid model (2 days from the office in a week)
- Option to participate in trainings and conferences
- Staff travel benefits from day one
- Creative work tax deduction
- Multisport card
- Private health care
- Group insurance scheme
– – – or – – –
- Full remote
- Possible permanent place in the office
– – –
- Possibility to meet your colleagues in other offices
- Annual events (i.e. St. Patrick’s Day)
- Regular social meetings
- Paid referral system
- New office building surrounded by great dinettes right in the city center