Guidewire helps our customers and partners implement our software across the US, and we are looking for an experienced Front-End Architect to help us fulfill increasing demand.
We are looking for experienced people who want to work with current, leading-edge technology on challenging, customer focused consulting and implementation projects.
Guidewire’s market-leading Digital products enable insurance carriers to build and implement leading-edge sales and self-service digital capabilities. These capabilities provide Agents and Policy Holders interfaces to quickly and easily create and service insurance policies.
The Digital consultants will be building new, innovative user interfaces for the insurance industry using Guidewire Jutro, Guidewire’s design system and front-end framework. Jutro enables developers to seamlessly develop Guidewire applications for customers and empowers designers to create consistent and cohesive user experience designs. These Jutro consultants will be collaborating with user experience, business analysts, and Guidewire InsuranceSuite implementation teams to deliver end-to-end solutions to the P&C industry.
Each new member of the team will undergo Guidewire Digital training prior to working on a project. Mentors will also be assigned to allow new team members to develop their technical skill and learn the Guidewire SurePath Methodology and Digital Best Practices.
As a Guidewire Consultant, you will become the trusted advisor for the customer and partner, and you will coach and mentor their teams, enabling them to become self-sufficient over time. This position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and interpersonal skills.
Our projects will expect some on-site presence, so there will be expectations to travel throughout the US freely without sponsorship.
- At least 5 years of Software development experience using web technologies
- Experience with or willingness and ability to learn Jutro, Guidewire’s design system
- Experience with CSS, SASS, and other look-and-feel technologies
- Experience with automated unit testing using Jest/Enzyme or similar frameworks
- Exposure to server-side technologies (JSON/RPC, REST)
- Effective leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to travel for onsite work.
- Able to demonstrate experience with building single-page applications
- Collaboration with UX designers
- Effective communication and collaboration skills
- Highly motivated, result-driven, and tenacious problem solver
- Strong English skills
- Insurance industry experience
- Exposure to Invision, Sketch, or other UX prototyping tools
- Languages other than English is a plus
- Experience migrating AngularJS applications to React is a distinct advantage
Nice to have:
- We provide exceptional support to our consultants, from a full-time dedicated Consulting manager whose focus is helping to enable and develop our staff and guide them on their career path within Guidewire, to our fantastic Global Mobility team who help provide flexible options to our consultants who need to travel for client engagement.
- We’re proud to shout about our excellent benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.