Location: Remote – Anywhere (Open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.)
At 10up, we call developers like you engineers because you aren’t just a “coder”: you’re an innovative problem solver that uses web programming skills to divine smart, creative solutions to client challenges.
As a leading digital agency, 10up’s client roster spans from innovative startups and impactful non-profits to some of the biggest names in the industry, such as ESPN, Google, The New York Times Co., Microsoft, and The Nobel Prize Committee. 10uppers have been pushing the boundaries of web experiences for over 12 years—become an engineer that innovates the internet by building exciting projects alongside a top-in-the-field team.
As a 10up contractor, you have options for flexible and alternative work schedules. Intentionally remote since day one, spanning six continents and 40 countries, 10up fully embraces the benefits of distributed work.
What you will do:
- Develop enterprise-level WordPress plugins and/or themes primarily using PHP and Gutenberg blocks in React.js.
- Provide code reviews.
- Drive strategy and lead back-end technical vision on large-scale projects.
- Solve complex problems in simple yet elegant ways.
- Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach millions of online visitors every day.
- You love perfecting your skills in WordPress engineering and Gutenberg.
- You have a code portfolio. Link us to your best WordPress work on GitHub and you’ll never have to do any live coding or whiteboard testing!
- You are comfortable talking to clients and team members to clearly present your thoughts.
- You have extensive Git workflow experience in back-end-focused web development.
- You have the ability to expertly debug performance and caching issues.
- You prefer to work fully remote and are effective at engaging in a distributed team from the location of your choosing.