The Fraud Risk Management Director is a go-to resource for VCAS client support in fraud risk management. This position will focus on building a global business intelligence strategy to enable preemptive and proactive insights critical to reducing fraud and increasing approval rates for our clients. This position will deliver on a subset of risk and identity product deliverables including drafting communications, evaluation towards rules optimization, reporting on new fraud patterns, preventative solutions, benchmark studies, etc. Equally, this position will research and answer ad-hoc customer risk inquiries with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement by recommending appropriate solutions. This includes new account integration with a focus on establishing the client’s rules structure on the VCAS platform.
What you'll be doing:
- Partner with and provide subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practices to clients to optimize their fraud risk decisions, reduce fraud and increase approval rates
- Produce regular, detailed reporting, client engagement sessions, product demonstrations, implementation and/or optimization presentations to clearly explain the performance of current risk management strategies, and if appropriate, suggested improvements to business processes and strategy
- Analyze various data streams to compile credible, accurate business intelligence in support of fraud risk management
- Develop various reporting and documentation to support a client’s direct risk management needs, as well as publish network level intelligence for all clients
- Proactively engage with key clients and cross-organizational teams
- Provide training and support, both internally and externally, in areas of fraud management, risk strategy, and business intelligence
- Solicit, collect, analyze, and report on new fraud vectors or feature improvements to our products, models, and services
- Partner with leadership and change management to embed customer insights into the product and model team's development priorities
What you'll need:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Risk, Statistics, or related discipline
- In lieu of degree, a high school diploma/equivalent with 8 or more years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- 10+ years’ experience in a business analytics role
- 4+years’ experience in client consulting and/or a fraud risk management role
- Computer analytic skills including MS Office with advanced skills in Excel (knowledge of spreadsheet functionality: v-look-up, pivot tables, charts, graphing and macros)
- Demonstrated ability to establish, maintain, and deepen partnerships with customers
- Proven ability to create and present a data story of complex insights to a general audience
- Advanced degree of analytical and decision-making abilities
- Experience in handling large scale, unstructured data and working with distributed computing
- Understanding of fraud risk management concepts and application
- Payments industry knowledge
- Ability to travel globally 5-10% via air or land
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers and reach with hands and arms.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position.
This position can be performed in a remote work arrangement for any candidate located outside the greater Cleveland area, or any Visa office. To foster community, connection, and collaboration, it is expected that candidates within a 50 mile commute of our Mentor, Ohio location adhere to a hybrid working model. Hybrid work is also expected for any candidate within a 50 mile commute of a Visa office. This hybrid model includes in office and work from home days each week.