Vonage Product Management Mission: We bridge technology and the business needs to deliver new products and services to the market. We imagine the future and orchestrate cross-functional efforts to bring it to life. We apply business understanding, customer knowledge and competitive awareness to collaborate with and lead efforts to envision, design, develop and execute state-of-the-art products and features. Our output changes the communications game.
Why this role matters:
The Fraud Investigation Manager is a key position in Vonage’s fight against fraud by protecting our customers from abuse, taking down fraudsters and ensuring the profitability of the company. The duties of the role include analysis and implementation of initiatives to detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and behaviours, evidence gathering, communicating effectively with other areas of the business to recover losses, and pro-actively contributing to the identification of improvements and technologies required to detect and prevent these problems up front.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do:
Strategic Fraud Investigation
- Conduct complex strategic fraud investigations to identify patterns and signatures of fraud attacks occurring across many unconnected accounts.
- Gather evidence of fraudulent behaviour to prepare supply chain disputes and/or report to local law enforcement
- Review escalations from Fraud Operations teams of significant attacks and collate information for investigation
- Build and run reports and analytics linked to fraud
Business process improvement
- Produce fraud risk reviews and mitigation plans, and steer the implementation of these plans
- Align with technical and product stakeholders to understand current and future capabilities available or required for fraud detection and prevention
- Support the Fraud Manager in the development of fraud prevention initiatives, in collaboration with other functional stakeholders
- Support the local Carrier team in upholding standards and requirements with local knowledge
- Support the Finance team with ad hoc tasks related to payments & fraud reporting
What you will bring:
- Broad knowledge of anti-fraud techniques and associated practices (AML, KYC)
- Proficiency with fraud screening software and management tools
- Anti-fraud experience in high-tech transaction industries (finance, telco)
- A naturally analytical mind, centred around numbers and data
- Understanding of the fraud landscape in technology & telecoms.
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Experience working remotely
- Excellent attention to detail, and able to juggle multiple tasks in a regularly changing environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, global & multicultural environment
- Experienced Excel user (data analytics, SQL / business intelligence, AI/ML tools)
- High levels of competency in:
- Numeracy skills
- Planning & Organising
- Technical literacy
What is required for application:
- Educated to degree level
- Minimum 5 years experience in telecommunications fraud (SMS, Voice, interconnect) or a related high-tech field
- Relevant professional certifications in Fraud Management
- AI/ML professional certifications or postgraduate course