As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
Kraken is currently accepting applications for the Fraud Analyst role within our Fraud Operations Unit (FOU). As a member of this team, you will have the unique opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced leaders in the industry and to help grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
As a Fraud Analyst, you will conduct investigations to identify, assess, decision and report on activity that indicates exposure to fraudulent activity. You will ensure that potential threats are evaluated, and investigations are documented, managed and escalated by following standard operating procedures. You will follow an intelligence-based approach to detecting high risk activity.
This is a fully remote role requiring English fluency.
You must be willing to work evenings and weekends.
We are looking for candidates in North America, APAC and EMEA regions.
- Monitors and analyzes various information provided through automated detection systems, tools and reports, and manually evaluates, investigates and determines required actions.
- Documents actions and information found throughout the investigation to develop and maintain case files.
- Design and influence operational best practices of the financial crime management processes, frameworks and techniques.
- Performs risk-based assessments of incidents/cases referred from others to determine the course of action.
- Executes routine tasks such as service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Serves as a resource for others in resolving complex issues.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- At least 3 years of experience at a payments processor, card acquirer, bank (risk department), exchange or relevant e-commerce platform.
- Investigative or compliance related experience is required.
- Experience with Visa and Mastercard risk tools (including 3DS, AVS, etc).
- Experience with alternative payment methods and risks.
- Experience with fraud detection/risk management with regards to cryptocurrency is an asset.
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.