At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
**This position is based in Mexico City, Mexico and is applicable ONLY to Mexican Citizens**
About the Team
The GTM Finance team is responsible for top-down planning, budgeting, forecasting, analysis that supports our go-to-market strategy and execution. We are looking for an experienced business partner to drive partnership with functional sales leadership to achieve our growth initiatives and goals. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, possesses strong critical reasoning, influencing and leadership skills and can be regarded as a thought partner along the journey of commercial transformation. The ideal candidate is passionate about both problem solving as well as building high quality repeatable processes that scale with our rapid growth.
What you'll do
- Business Planning – Lead the business through the quarterly, annual, and long-range planning processes to optimize resource allocation and support Corporate FP&A process and deadlines
- Financial Analysis & Modeling – Adds value by integrating GTM understanding, business acumen and appropriate financial analytical methods to deliver insights and drive action
- Business Partnership & Communication – Build and maintain relationships with functional leadership to understand drivers, trends, opportunities, and to share insights and recommendations
- Process Excellence – Partner with Accounting to ensure a timely and accurate monthly close process. Identify opportunities for process improvement, automate financial reports, and leverage technology to solve business problems. Be a key subject matter expert for the broader GTM Finance team on process and system improvements.
- This is an individual contributor role reporting to the Director, FP&A for GTM functions
The role might involve travel to the US on a bi-annual basis.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Min. 4 years of experience as a Financial Analyst, total of at least 8 years of financial experience
- Bachelor's degree, MBA a plus
- Prior GTM finance/ finance business partner experience highly preferred
- Prior financial analyst experience working in a multinational/ global company preferred
- Financial Modeling: High Proficiency with MS Excel and Google Sheets; ability to build thoughtful, complex and auditable financial models
- Communication: Clear, concise communicator; ability to synthesize complex data or business problems into actionable information to drive results
- Strong partnering capabilities, with the ability to influence business partners without direct authority and to appropriately push back when required.
- Versatility: Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, zooming in with good attention to detail while still keeping the big picture in mind
- Project Management: Results-oriented, self-starter, organized, team-focused, and a strong work ethic, leveraging relationships to ensure deadlines are met
- Tools & Systems: Proficiency with Enterprise Financial Planning Tools & Systems; experience with Anaplan, Netsuite, Workday a plus
- Advanced/ working proficiency with English mandatory both written and verbal.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.