This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
In this role, you will serve as an emerging individual contributor within a team, expanding your leadership, guidance and mentoring skills. With the support and guidance of leadership, you will be responsible for managing general financial functions, developing and analyzing financial statements, and ensuring adherence to organizational processes and policies. You will interact with stakeholders and utilize influential skills to drive improvements and consensus in support of meeting business objectives. Primary expectations of a Financial Analyst III include:
- Exhibits influential skills to communicate financial data and drives consensus regarding decisions
- Serves as a confidant to program and business unit leaders, providing guidance on financial processes and procedures
- Exhibits a comprehensive understanding of Ad Hoc and government contracting financial processes
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate financial data to a variety of stakeholders
- May be considered an emerging authority, with the ability to serve as an authorized approver for financial reports and documentation, at the discretion of leadership
- Leads and performs research and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements
- Performs analysis of budgets and schedules needed to meet contractual/project requirements
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management
- Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for financial information systems
- Provides analysis on business development forecasts and monitors business performance by business unit
- Defines and develops key performance indicators; analyzing and interpreting financial and operational performance, and tracks key operational objectives and strategic initiatives to improve the efficiency and profitability of business units
- Assembles spreadsheets, charts and graphs used to illustrate financial data
- Reviews and analyzes monthly corporate and business unit financial statements, and quarterly and annual financial data
- Researches new policies and regulations and projects that could potentially impact the Company and its financials
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience
- Relevant years of experience may be substituted for education
- Proficient with software such as Google Sheets, and Microsoft Excel to devise graphs and presentations
- At least 2 years of experience associated with government contracting rules and regulations
- Experienced in the application of financial principles and processes to support organizational operations
- Experienced with financial reporting tools, inclusive of Unanet, Deltek or other solutions and provides recommendations for improvements
- Experienced with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and contract types, including Firm Fixed Price, Cost Plus, IDIQ and Time and Materials (T and M), and in depth knowledge of the customer base
- Experienced with financial reporting tools, inclusive of Unanet, Deltek or other solutions
- Government contract experience is required
- Pricing experience
- Unanet experience a plus!
To learn more about working at Ad Hoc, please visit: https://adhocteam.us/join
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with match
- Self-managed PTO
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $100,000-$125,000 Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.