This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada who are located in the Pacific Time Zone.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Kanopi Studios is a Design, Development & Support Agency with a fully distributed team of people who are experts in Drupal & WordPress.
Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Financial Administrative Assistant.
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Financial Administrative Assistant, your day-to-day includes working directly with the CFO and other members of management to ensure that all the administrative and support functions of the finance department are operating effectively. You are able to intuitively organize all files relevant to the Finance department, as well as develop an effective system for organizing and supporting accounts payable and receivable, expenses, and state and federal accounting files, in particular.
This position is fast-paced, deals with shifting priorities, and reports to the CFO. During peak sales season, duties may expand to further support members of other executive teams.
Your typical work week might include:
- Managing the financial team’s calendars and scheduling sales meetings.
- Assisting with general finance/bookkeeping admin duties for finance department, and CEO.
- Taking responsibility for finance/receipt reconciliation.
- Assisting with invoice/bill payments.
- Supporting with invoice creation/reconciliation.
- Providing support with tax admin tasks.
- Assisting with the reconciliation of company benefits.
- Supporting with employee expense review/reimbursement.
- Assisting with financial research/reporting.
- Helping team with project setup/maintenance, as well as tracking of hours.
- Overall support of financial data hygiene.
- Taking notes during calls and assisting with managing follow-up tasks.
- Assisting with the CFO’s inbox and personal tasks.
- Assisting in the overall process of making the company awesome by building repeatable patterns for success and happiness
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time position. The salary range for this position is $39,100-$47,950 – the range is broad, but it is commensurate with experience, aligned with current members of our team with similar experience, and may shift a bit depending on your geographic location. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in the US or Canada.
NOW… LET’S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- Please note: We will only consider candidates for this position who live in the PST time zone.
- Have proven experience as an administrative assistant in a financial department (3+ years)
- Have impeccable verbal and written communication skills
- Are self-motivated, goal-driven, success-oriented team players
- Demonstrate superior organizational and time management skills
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Are committed to delivering high-quality work on time
- Are able to stay calm, positive, and solutions-oriented in high-pressure situations.
- Are able to juggle multiple, often competing, priorities
- Are committed to continual learning and personal development
- Have an interest in working with an awesome remote team building cool open source software projects
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note – we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
We offer a comprehensive range of health, professional, remote workspace, and other fun benefits for all full time US and Canadian employees. For more information, see the benefits section of our careers page.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or overseas applicants (for consideration, applicants must live in the US or Canada).