Rackers: Valued members of a winning team Our employees, affectionately called “Rackers,” are our true strength and differentiator. As valued members of a winning team on an inspiring mission, Rackers make a real difference for our customers. It’s why we’re frequently recognized as an employer of choice by global industry-leading programs, including Great Place to Work, Forbes and Fortune. They embody our Core Values, demonstrating that Fanatical Experience is:
· Excellence. We are an accountable, disciplined, high-performing company with proven results.
· Customer-driven. We are proactive, collaborative and committed to success for our customers.
· Expertise. Rackers are passionate learners who are embedded in our customers’ businesses to provide unbiased solutions.
· Agility. We adopt new technologies and evolve services to meet customers where they are in their journey.
· Compassion. We’re one team doing the right thing for our customers, communities, and each other.
Work Location: Work may be performed 100% remotely from the 48 contiguous US States.
Position Overview: As our Enterprise Customer Success Architect you’ll serve as a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and have ownership of technical support for a designated customer base. You’ll provide consulting service to customers on building, maintaining, and upgrading systems to meet customer needs. You’ll solve customer’s technical issues which can include OS level, webserver, database server, applications server, DNS, SMTP, user management and permissions, or other software issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as a SME for specialized technologies.
· Be a valuable resource on the support floor.
· Identify and execute technical projects to improve the technical support function at Rackspace.
· Own the technical support for the customer base; tracks issues, ensures resolution at the appropriate level.
· Ensure customers receive a Fanatical Support experience.
· Analyze customer configurations, use initiative and advises on potential pitfalls that a customer may experience using existing or planned methods and suggests alternatives that may better serve the stability of the customer’s solution.
· Apply creative problem-solving techniques to identify the source of problems, while at the same time keep the customer aware of every step along the way.
· Understand customer configurations and analyzes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system.
· Collaborate with customers to proactively address weaknesses and opportunities.
· Collaborate with internal and external teams to provide support.
· Troubleshoot and resolve system service issues and OS level issues.
· Receive and resolve issues escalated from lower level admins.
· Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations.
· Mentor and coach Rackers on the technical support floor.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
· 10 years system administration/Engineering experience; Including a minimum of 2+ years web hosting experience
· Strong knowledge of storage clustering
· Advanced knowledge of servers/computer hardware and software.
· Strong knowledge of DNS
· Expert knowledge of both Linux and Windows OS.
· Expert knowledge of network fundamentals.
· Advanced knowledge of MySQL.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills using the English Language
· Strong presentation skills.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders at various business levels.
· Familiarity with Rackspace tools, systems and infrastructure
· Bi- lingual skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA and/or MCSE certification preferred
Pay and Benefits: The following information is required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and applies only to individuals working in the state of Colorado. The anticipated starting pay range of Colorado applicants for this role is $114,000- $150,000. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on benefits offered is here. https://rackspace.jobs/benefits/