What you’ll do
In a few words…
Abarca is igniting a revolution in healthcare. We built our company on the belief that with smarter technology we are redefining pharmacy benefits, but this is just the beginning.
We are currently looking for an Enterprise Application Architect, to join the enterprise architecture team. The enterprise architecture team delivers great value to Abarca by cutting down IT complexity and costs by aligning concerns, technology tools, and strategic business goals. As a team we prepare IT better for the future to adapt faster to the changes with minimal disruptions and costs, bridging an enterprise’s current and future state objectives, managing current cloud-based systems and ensuring that disparate cloud systems fit with the legacy systems and harmonizing Darwin's architectural requirements into a comprehensive set of best practices, policies, processes, procedures, and standards.
In this critical role you will be in charge of blueprints that define enterprise-level design standards for diverse software applications that serve a dynamic community of internal and external clients and members. You will also work with business managers, software engineers, quality assurance teams, and technology leadership to provide design guidelines for technical solutions that support complex systems.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in the development and deployment of complex mobile and hosted web applications
- Assist in the definition of product requirements and the creation of high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and services
- Lead the definition and documentation of development best practices, processes, and methodologies
- Create scalable, maintainable designs that support loosely coupled enterprise components and foster reuse of software
- Make high-level design choices ensuring technical standards in software, tools, and platforms
- Create, define, and choose frameworks for new applications
- Balance the creation of value with the management of risk through design
- Lead efforts in identifying and prototyping emerging technologies
- Cultivate and share knowledge of application development best practices
- Take an active role in cross‐departmental projects when needed
- Guide and mentor more junior engineers
- Direct research on emerging technology solutions, software development products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Work closely with business analysts, software engineers, and users to understand business and member needs and create optimal software and technology solutions.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent relevant experience may be considered).
- 5+ years of experience in Software Architecture
- Knowledge of the following programs: CodeSmith, Enterprise Architect, Visual SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server, and Microsoft’s .Net Framework
- Knowledge of Web and Windows Applications architecture and Microsoft programming
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Database Design, T-SQL, and Stored Procedures
- Application Developer Microsoft Certification is a plus
- Must be able to travel occasionally- 10%
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, Bilingual fluency English/Spanish is a nice to have, but not required
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Action for Bias
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities;
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. “Applicant must be a United States’ citizen. Abarca Health LLC does not this time currently sponsor employment visas”
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.