Bitcoin Depot is seeking a EDD Analyst who will be responsible for an array of compliance activities, but will primarily be tasked to work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to identify potentially unusual, fraudulent, criminal or suspicious activity as defined by BSA / AML regulations and industry best practices for BSA / AML analysis.
The Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Compliance Officer with implementing and supporting the Company's regulatory compliance program including:
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA);
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML);
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and sanctions;
- Anti-Bribery & Corruption (ABC) / Code of Ethics.
Bitcoin Depot is the largest Bitcoin ATM Network in the world offering users the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin at thousands of BTM and BDCheckout locations.
We are proud to be an Atlanta Journal-Constitution Top Work Place for 2021 and 2022, the inc 5000, and placing on the ACG Georgia Fast 40 list for two consecutive years. We currently trade on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol BTM.
The employee will be responsible for contacting high dollar value customers to facilitate that the customer’s EDD reviews are completed. Outreach will be through email, text, and telephone; so excellent verbal and communication skills are a prerequisite. The employee will also be responsible for managing the EDD tracker to ensure that customer status is up-to-date and accurate. Tracking is completed via Excel so the ability to work effectively with multiple complex data sources and/or technical analytical tools/resources to manage workload including:
- Initiates and manages daily customer contact;
- Maintains organized and accurate record keeping with the ability to create understandable tracking for use by multiple parties;
- Facilitates EDD on customer accounts triggered by dollar value thresholds;
- Understands to escalate fraudulent or suspicious activity to investigations; and
- Complete quality control of EDD reviews, as needed
Other responsibilities to include:
- Works a staggered shift to include one weekend day to support EDD efforts; and
- Supports Compliance Team projects, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or related field;
- Two or more years of Customer Service experience, preferably in a cryptocurrency environment;
- Excellent oral, written, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to grasp complex processes quickly and be able to identify risks and compensating controls;
- Excellent problem solving abilities and results oriented; able to make decisions independently; and
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Financial crimes related experience (e.g.; anti-money laundering, fraud, investigations / SARs, economic sanctions, anti-corruption and bribery);
- Demonstrated knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory guidance, and rules impacting the financial services and crypto currency industries;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist.
- 401K Matching
- Health benefits offered with a company contribution towards premiums
- Paid wellness membership
- Paid time off & holidays
- Annual in-person team building events
- Virtual team building events
- Remote first environment
Bitcoin Depot provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.