Are you ready to lead and inspire a team of talented engineers in a dynamic, global company? Join BridgeU as an Engineering Manager and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of education technology!
Who is BridgeU
At BridgeU, we are on a mission to break down barriers and empower students to reach their full potential. We believe talent knows no boundaries, and we’re here to help students discover the best opportunities, wherever they may be.
Our cutting-edge software connects universities with the most promising secondary schools and students in over 140 countries, making finding the perfect match for their programs and courses easier than ever. We are the market leader in university and career guidance software for international and globally-minded secondary schools.
With BridgeU, you can expect to be at the forefront of education technology, making a real tangible difference in the lives of students around the world. So join us on this exciting journey of discovery and opportunity!
What are we looking for?
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the health and happiness of your squads as well as the quality of the output, working closely with the product team. As an Engineering Manager, you will also work closely with your direct reports to support their personal development and business stakeholders to successfully communicate and manage expectations around delivery.
- A passionate leader with experience in agile team management and a servant leadership style.
- Expertise in building high-quality software in cloud-based environments.
- A commitment to nurturing and growing your team, backed by a strong understanding of personal development.
- Curiosity and the drive to challenge the status quo for better outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of GDPR and a commitment to security best practices. here
What will you be doing?
As our Engineering Manager, you’ll guide and inspire teams through the entire software development lifecycle, ensuring excellence at every stage. Your day-to-day will involve driving collaborative efforts, making critical technical decisions, and fostering an environment of continuous improvement. You’ll be the catalyst for both technological advancement and personal growth within your teams, setting the standard for what it means to lead by example in the tech world.
- Leading and serving the squads from planning through to delivery and support.
- Ensuring and instilling a continuous improvement and a growth mindset in the teams.
- Drive collaboration ensuring all voices are heard, and navigating difficult decisions through to fruition.
- Hiring and retaining talented engineers.
- Reducing waste and optimising efficiency in the teams.
- Working as part of the Engineering Leadership Team to improve processes and ways of working.
- Leading by example, in everything you do.
What will you get in return?
We have a flexible approach to work-life balance, operating in a remote-first way. Although we have a cool Central London office if you want to use it. We’ll help you get set up with the essentials to work from home. And you’ll get to work alongside our fantastic team of ambitious, focused, and friendly colleagues. We also offer an attractive range of additional benefits, including
- 25 days annual leave per year plus bank holidays
- Employer’s pension scheme
- Opportunities for flexible working hours, encouraging everyone to have a healthy work-life balance
- Company-funded social events
- Investment in your professional development and opportunities for career progression
- A comfortable and covid-secure office in London
- A range of attractive benefits and corporate discounts
- Access to confidential counselling as well as financial and legal advice from our Employee Assistance Programme
- An open and democratic work culture where everyone can contribute, learn and teach
- Company-paid subscription to Calm
- Personal development: the company can fund books, courses and conferences to help you learn and grow
- Annual offsite: we organise a retreat once a year where the whole company gets together
We are a global team with a global mindset, cherishing and protecting diversity as one of our core values. We are always looking to diversify the talent in our team.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, marriage or civil partnership. If you feel you don’t quite meet all the criteria in the job spec but have the potential to do the role, we’d still love to hear from you.