About the team:
At Sift we enhance trust and safety in the digital world with our AI driven technology platform. Our products deliver payment protection, ensure content integrity, and protect account defense for businesses around the world.
The Data and Reporting Platform team is responsible for making Sift’s data easy to use, understand, and communicate. This team ensures the availability, correctness, and data privacy compliance of information critical for Sift’s day-to-day operations. Our stakeholders not only include external customers but also internal teams including Data Science, Machine Learning, Product, Sales, Customer Success, Business operations and Finance teams. We are excited about our plans to build our next generation data analytics solution.
What we’re looking for:
Managers who are inspiring, creative, flexible and can identify and bring focus to What’s Important Now (while still keeping an eye on the long term) will excel in our organization and make the biggest impact. Bring your toolbox of effective and varied communication skills and techniques.
You value collaboration, transparency and have a Get Stuff Done mindset. As a leader of teams, you understand the importance of these aspects of engineering success and lead by example.
You strengthen a culture of mentorship, give regular constructive feedback, set goals and understand how to motivate your staff. You actively invest in the career development of your team and grow engineering groups by hiring effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Grow a team of talented, broadly-capable engineers to own our data and reporting platform team, with the responsibility for the management of customer and operational data at Sift.
- Identify and analyze opportunities to improve business data analytics and improve the environment to support an evolving set of use cases.
- Responsible for leading the charge to improve the data platform, including the development of a roadmap, solution implementation, maintenance and support of the analytics data platform, and data governance.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure we are working effectively and focusing on the right priorities
- Demonstrate and embody a strong, abiding commitment to the highest cultural standard, focusing on inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Support actionable insights that align with the corporate data strategy
- Ensure that our systems can continue to scale rapidly while addressing rapidly evolving product team needs.
- Motivate, listen and empathize, and help engineers and data scientists to excel
What would make you a strong fit:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience managing data teams, 2+ years of data modeling experience and 7+ years of professional data management experience.
- Prior experience building and maintaining enterprise analytics environments, including exposure to sales, finance and marketing audiences.
- Experience hiring, mentoring, and developing top engineering talent
- Experience initiating cross-functional collaboration between multiple functions (technical and non-technical)
- Strong management and project management skills for planning and executing complex projects
- B.S. in Computer Science (or related technical discipline), or related practical experience
- 5+ years of experience with data warehousing technologies like Snowflake, BigQuery or Redshift.
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling, data analytics, and customer reporting.
- Experience building highly available low-latency systems using Java, Scala, C++ or other object-oriented languages.
- Experience with reporting tools like Looker, Tableau, Qlikview or PowerBI.
- Experience working with large datasets and best in class data processing technologies for both stream and batch processing, such as Apache Spark, Apache Beam, MapReduce.
- Experience solving problems with production systems, and building solutions and automations to prevent them from reoccurring.
- Knowledge of GCP or AWS cloud stack for web services and big data processing.
A little about us:
Sift is the leading innovator in Digital Trust & Safety. Hundreds of disruptive, forward-thinking companies like Zillow, and Twitter trust Sift to deliver outstanding customer experience while preventing fraud and abuse.
The Sift engine powers Digital Trust & Safety by helping companies stop fraud before it happens. But it’s not just another anti-fraud platform: Sift enables businesses to tailor experiences to each customer according to the risk they pose. That means fraudsters experience friction, but honest users do not. By drawing on insights from our global network of customers, Sift allows businesses to scale, win, and thrive in the digital era.
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive total compensation package
- 401k plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Wellness reimbursement
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible time off
Sift is an equal opportunity employer. We make better decisions as a business when we can harness diversity in our experience, data, and background. Sift is working toward building a team that represents the worldwide customers that we serve, inclusive of people from all walks of life who can bring their full selves to work every day.
This document provides transparency around the way in which Sift handles personal data of job applicants: https://sift.com/recruitment-privacy