Important Notice to Job Applicants
If you’ve come across this job listing via external source or aggregator, please be advised that the information may be outdated or inaccurate. To ensure you have the latest and most accurate details about this job opportunity, please visit our official careers website at sproutsocial.com/careers. Applying on our job board is the best way to ensure timely review of your application.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Sprout Social's Recruitment Team
Sprout Social is looking to hire a Engineering Manager, Business Systems on our IT team.
Why join Sprout’s IT team?
Sprout’s Corporate IT team is a combination of adjacent squads working on projects under one umbrella. This unique structure is an exciting opportunity to grow your career in technology with exposure to projects all across our discipline—something you don’t see often in other organizations. It allows us to move quickly and collaborate with minimal friction or red tape. As a part of this team, you’re also given the space and encouraged to stretch beyond your core function, and make a deeper impact on the broader organization. In short, the work you do here matters, and you feel that day in and day out
What you’ll do
- As a manager of the Business Systems team at Sprout, you will ensure our process, tooling, and performance monitoring is best in breed and, more importantly, that our engineering team functions at a high level
- Leverage your experience in building and maintaining software to advise on integrations between our back end systems and how they are configured, managed, and kept running efficiently
- Partner with our Sales Operations team and lead the development of our Salesforce environment, creating new features and enhancements to refine our global sales processes.
- Grow your team of engineers by example with effective feedback, coaching, and career development.
What you’ll bring
Sprout is looking for a highly analytical, diligent, and naturally curious leader with the ability to improvise and develop creative and collaborative solutions. If you can confidently lead teams to solve hard problems, foster teamwork and are a self-starter who enjoys tackling complex problems while working on a small, fast-paced team, we’d love to talk to you!
These are the minimum qualifications that our hiring team is looking for in this role:
- 3+ years of experience managing functional applications and/or Salesforce development teams
- Proven experience working alongside multiple teams across the organization and a strong understanding of technical requirements of the sales lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of integrating data between multiple systems and the Salesforce API.
Additionally, these are the preferred qualifications that would indicate a particularly strong candidate:
- Salesforce System, Application, or Technical Architect Certification
- Experience with process engineering, documentation, and optimization
- Proven ability to lead talent, measure performance, and foster the professional development of direct engineering reports
- A clear understanding of the security, scalability, and maintainability of solution design and business needs
Within 1 month, you’ll plant your roots, including
- Attend and complete Sprout Social’s two-week new hire training and onboarding program alongside other new Sprout team members. In these sessions, you will gain a broad understanding of our products and how your role directly impacts the product, overall organization, and our customers.
- Make a plan with your manager to set initial priorities, align on expectations for your role, and learn about Sprout’s existing toolset.
- Get to know the current tooling and begin to build working relationships with stakeholders throughout our Sales, Finance, and Marketing teams as well as your co-workers.
- Develop an understanding of the Corporate IT project management and development lifecycles.
Within 3 months, you’ll start hitting your stride by:
- Begin establishing your leadership by participating in the review of incoming requests and steering to align with our overall architectural goals.
- Begin contributing code, completing code reviews, and debating the best approach
- Work with your team to create and prioritize tasks/projects to meet our existing needs/commitments.
- Begin updating, refining, and improving, documentation and processes.
- Build connections with members from other teams through active networking and community building.
- Baseline team performance, strengths, and career goals.
Within 6 months, you’ll be making a clear impact through:
- Fully understand the challenges of our internal business systems and begin decomposing larger projects into approachable work
- Work with project managers to lead sprint planning and prioritization
- Own larger initiatives from scoping through delivery including vendor selections and migrations where applicable.
- Begin fully delivering on changes and feature requests from our internal business partners
- Establish performance metrics and a career growth plan with your direct reports and work toward the team.
Within 12 months, you’ll make this role your own by:
- Be a go-to resource in our Salesforce environment
- Efficiently deliver day-to-day support for our Salesforce engineering team
- Effectively delivering solutions to ensure our systems and tooling stays ahead of growth.
- Participate in cross-organizational projects, demonstrating consensus building and strong leadership.
- Surprise us! Use your unique ideas and abilities to change Sprout in beneficial ways that we haven’t even considered yet.
Of course, what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
Our Benefits Program
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for our team, product and culture. Our benefits program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families
- Progressive policies to support work/life balance, like our flexible paid time off and parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment—your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and mental well-being of our team
- Ongoing education and development opportunities via our Grow@Sprout program and employee-led diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives.
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop and downtown Seattle, for those who prefer an office setting
Whenever possible, Sprout wants to provide our team with the flexibility to work in the location that makes the most sense for them. Sprout maintains a remote workforce in many places in the United States. However, we are not set up in all states, so please look at the drop-down box in our application to see whether your state is listed. Few roles require an office setting. If your position requires a physical presence in a Sprout office, it will be evident in the job listing and your offer letter.
The base pay range for this role is $160,000 – $180,000 USD annually. Individual base pay is based on various factors, including relevant experience and skills, the responsibility of the role, and job duties/requirements. In addition to base pay, some Sales and Success roles can earn sales incentives.
Sprout’s compensation ranges are intentionally broad to allow for our team members' growth within their role. These ranges were determined by a market-based compensation approach; we used data from trusted third-party compensation sources to set equitable, consistent and competitive ranges. We also evaluate compensation bi-annually, identify any changes in the market and make adjustments to our ranges and existing employee compensation as needed.
Base pay is only one element of an employee's total compensation at Sprout. Every Sprout team member has an opportunity to receive restricted stock units (RSUs) under Sprout’s equity plan. Employees (and their dependents) are covered by medical, dental, vision, basic life, accidental death, and dismemberment insurance, and Modern Health (a wellness benefit). Employees are able to enroll in Sprout’s company’s 401k plan, in which Sprout will match 50% of your contributions up to 6% with a maximum contribution. Sprout offers “Flexible Paid Time Off” and ten paid holidays. We have outlined the various components to an employee’s full compensation package here to help you to understand our total rewards package.
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based on identity– race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex (including sexual identity), age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, arrest record or expunged or sealed convictions, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our latest DEI Report.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. We'll do all we can to ensure you're set up for success during our interview process while upholding your privacy, including requests for accommodation. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.