Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the Role:
We, at Tubi, call our Engineering Managers “Tech Leads.” We are looking for a Tech Lead to join our team, building backend services in the ad tech space to help acquire users and fuel Tubi’s growth, thus having a direct impact on the business. You will work with the leader of the group (VP, Growth Engineering) to transform high-level roadmap items into tasks for the team and oversee executing them, deploying your experience and expertise in figuring out interdependencies, priorities, and scheduling. You will help the team eliminate ambiguity (when it arrives) by liaising with other teams to understand requirements and context. You will help the team arrive at solid technical decisions and implementations by getting involved in design and code reviews, frameworks and tools evaluations, technical discussions in the team, and at times dive into the code.
Your most important context will be the Team, so you'll also think about ways to help us grow and be greater than the sum of the parts. We embrace the 80/20 Rule, so you'll spend some of your time thinking about what the elegant and beautiful solution could be, and then break it down such that the team can deliver maximum impact over the long term.
- Empower your team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, and simplicity
- Adopt and enhance our engineering processes and help keep projects on track and remove roadblocks for the team
- Work with leader of the group (VP, Growth Engineering) to shape the roadmap and deliver on milestones
- Liaise with other engineering groups as needed to coordinate cross-functional components / projects development and delivery
- Manage day-to-day team operations (sprint planning, retros, performance reviews etc.)
- You and your team will:
- Plan and deliver the work following the 80/20 principle (make it work, make it right, make it fast)
- Define and implement the architecture for the components of a fully-automated system to deploy advertising campaigns on various channels (e.g. Facebook, Roku, Amazon etc.)
- Use our data warehouse to analyze and define various metrics needed to improve performance
- Help the engineers on your team advance in their careers and grow through 1:1s and mentoring
- Determine as necessary the need for hiring talent and training
- 5+ years of experience in a leadership role, directly managing software engineers
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing scalable backend systems with one or more JVM languages (we use Scala)
- 5+ years of experience with relational databases (we use Postgres)
- 5+ years of experience with big data (we use Redshift)
- Experience working with Machine Learning Models
- JVM memory management
- Previous ad-tech experience
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long-term incentive plan and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid “Tubi Holidays” in addition to the 10 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.