🌎 About Us
At TeamSnap, we believe when the world connects through sports; the world becomes better. TeamSnap is a sports and communication platform dedicated to taking the work out of play in youth sports. We also believe our jobs should excite us, our teammates should support us and our bosses should inspire us. We empower our people to bring big ideas and tiny egos, landing us on Outside Magazine’s list of “Best Places to Work” and Built In’s “100 Best Remote-First Places to Work.”
TeamSnap is seeking a people-centric Engineering Manager who will provide compelling people, process, and technology partnership to our Ads & Monetization teams. Our Ads & Monetization teams build the core products and experiences used by our 25M users across web, Android, iOS. They build and evolve features, enable brand-supported experiences, and build and operate the backend and data behind all of it.
As a leader, you’ll shape our engineering culture in a positive direction with transparency, collaboration, inclusivity, and growth as the core.
What you’ll be doing:
- Engineering leadership (think player/coach) of our new nascent Ads & Monetization engineering group.
- Providing technical leadership for our advertising tech stack and its evolution.
- Day-to-day management and guidance of engineers with varied backgrounds in terms of skills and experience levels, including 1:1 coaching/mentoring, career planning & development, goal setting, and performance management.
- Ensuring projects in your areas are consistently managed and executed well.
- Implementing and optimizing a product development lifecycle including architecture, design, development and delivery.
- Driving quality practices and playbooks for your areas.
- Being a strong partner and go-to person for other engineering teams and cross-functional Ads & Monetization peers (Product, Ad Operations, etc).
- Contributing to engineering-wide goals, priorities, and improvements.
- Consistently and systemically rallying, inspiring, and empowering your teams to do their best work ever!
What’ll set you up for success:
- Experience leading and coaching engineering teams through an evolutionary period of rapid growth and change while serving as a role model for an inclusive engineering culture
- Experience executing in an analytics rich environment
- Deep advertising technology experience (mobile is ++)
- Experience working in teams whose customers include other engineers as well as familiarity with our tech stack (Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Datadog, Typescript, React.js, Kotlin, Swift)
- (Bonus points) Familiarity with our advertising tech stacks (Google Ad Servers, programmatic demand, sponsored content, IAB standards as well as publisher-native formats)
- Experience working across cross-functional teams to foster a culture of priority setting and urgency in alignment with organizational strategy.
- Ideally, you have experience with software focused on B2C (not a hard requirement though)