Engagement Manager- Moderator | Corporate Research
GLG Research connects clients across all industries with data driven insights using our B2B panels built from the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise. We offer market insights by providing access to our industry-leading expert panel, as well as full-service custom market research projects.
GLG’s Corporate Research team helps companies within the technology, healthcare, and industrials spaces by providing the insights they need to handle the critical decisions they face throughout market understanding, product development, marketing, and other market research projects. The team leverages quantitative and qualitative methods along-side deep industry consulting approaches to inform their decisions in a timely and thorough manner.
The Corporate Research team continues to expand our areas of remit to more closely match competitive market research agencies. We are seeking an Engagement Manager focused on executing qualitative insights projects. This individual will sit within the qualitative insights consulting team partnering closely with the broader engagement leads within research team, but specifically would be responsible for coordinating research needs with clients, developing and refining discussion guides, executing qualitative interviews with participants, taking notes and developing synthesis for clients, and packaging insights into comprehensive deliverables to meet client objectives. This person will report to the leader of our Senior Qualitative Insights Manager and will autonomously execute projects with minimal oversight.
You will lead or assist the end-to-end execution of qualitative projects from creation of the discussion guide, project management, moderation, note taking, synthesis and analysis of information and quality control of clients’ project experience. This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills to create clear, concise, engaging deliverables. A keen strategic outlook, as well as a passion for creative problem solving, client service and project management.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Client leadership: Partner with clients and GLG research teams to understand project needs and manage research expectations appropriately.
- Teamwork: Partner with other GLG teams to understand and develop research plans through strategic understanding.
- Develop discussion guides: Translate clients business needs into comprehensive research tools.
- Moderation: natural curiosity, flexibility and an ability to remain impartial and unbiased to create comfort and trust with panel experts.
- Communication: Excellent verbal, visual and text communication to present findings and recommendations to clients in a compelling manner.
- Analysis: convert qualitative data into actionable answers to the research questions by using complex, holistic and strategic reasoning.
At a minimum, you will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 4-6 years of market research and/or consulting experience
We would love if you also had most of these qualifications:
- Market research/moderating experience
- Client facing project management experience
- Ability to plan and coordinate research efforts in an organized and detailed manner
- Ability to adapt to changes and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with clients/topics across a wide variety of industries
- Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary, eligibility for a quarterly and/or year-end performance-based discretionary bonus, and a comprehensive benefits program that includes our flexible/open PTO policy. All U.S. GLGers also have access to other benefits such as tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, speaker series events, employee resource groups, and ample social impact programs.
- Work Environment: GLG Americas is currently on a flexible working policy during the global pandemic. This means that while working in the office is not required at this time, all our U.S. offices are open for employees who would prefer to work in an office setting. Our U.S. offices offer numerous perks and vary by location. When working in our New York or Austin offices, employees can enjoy incentives such as complimentary meals, full-service barista bars, and access to on-site gyms.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s insight network. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of approximately 1 million experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLGinsights.com.
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.