A quick look at the role
The Employee Communications Manager is part of the team responsible for leading all employee communications, strategically planning activity to ensure the right message is given to the right audience, at the right time and in the right way. You will use our strategy, vision, purpose and values as a framework in which to provide engaging storytelling via both new and traditional channels in an increasingly digital workplace.
Your core responsibilities
- Create comprehensive and creative plans to support key campaigns and business projects
- Help us to embed key channels, reviewing and optimising them to ensure best-in-class tools which our people love to use
- Work alongside the broader team to deliver our ambitious and world class events plan including our employee forum “BIG”, management conferences, employee roadshows and award events which covers developing supporting materials, managing logistics, associated budgets and timelines
- Target communications and segment audiences to reduce noise and help convey our messaging in an effective style, building two-way communication wherever possible and appropriate
- Create engaging content for our employees including writing news stories and conducting excellent proofing on various communications including for our weekly round-up, our app, and specific tailored communication campaigns
- Provide editorial support, copywriting, collating and researching content for all channels
- Work together with the broader Corporate Affairs team to drive increased awareness of the company and its key objectives and capabilities aligned with group strategies and initiatives
Our essential requirements
- Preferably a degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or Marketing
- Strong project and event management skills
- Demonstrable track record of conducting successful, proactive internal communication programs
- Prior experience of launching and optimising communications channels
Biffa – we’re changing the way people think about waste
At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 10,000+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull.
We believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative and effective working environment which is why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.