Start Date: Immediate
At TalentWerx, we are focused on partnering with America’s top companies to acquire new talent with speed, accuracy, and a differentiated pricing model. We pride ourselves in acquiring top talent to ensure our clients’ competitive advantage.
Our client is a service-disabled, veteran-owned small business (SDVOSB) delivering exceptional strategy and technology integration services to the U.S. Federal Government. We support several Department of Defense (DoD) and Federal Agencies across the CONUS.
The Sub-Contract & Procurement Specialist plays a vital role in the Program Management Office (PMO) to develop ISO-9001 compliant processes for the management of government subcontracts utilizing a Unanet ERP System. This position requires professional communication skills as the position will serve as the primary liaison from EXPANSIA to all of our subcontractors and vendors to establish industry-leading relationships. The position oversees all aspects of the subcontract lifecycle, supporting maturation of the ISO 9001 quality system by creating written processes for subcontractor and vendor management, and implementing methods to monitor subcontractor costs and expenditures into the Unanet Financial, Expense, and Reporting modules.
In the subcontract administration role, this position will be EXPANSIA’s primary liaison with vendors and subcontractors. This role will independently initiate FAR/DFAR compliant subcontractor RFPs, perform and document proposal cost/price evaluations, lead negotiation discussions, monitor subcontractor performance, ensure sub-contractor compliance throughout execution, and perform closeout activities.
This role involves strategic sourcing, contract negotiation, supplier management, and compliance monitoring to support the successful execution of government contracts. The Government Sub-Contract & Procurement Specialist works collaboratively with cross-functional teams, government agencies, and vendors to facilitate successful contract outcomes that align with organizational goals and regulatory requirements. This role will require substantial process development and work within EXPANSIA’s Quality Management System to develop written subcontractor management processes that are complaint with ISO 9001 and reflective of industry best standards. In addition, this role will develop purchasing processes to input and monitor subcontractor costs into Unanet.
This professional will:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine procurement needs and requirements for government contracts. Research, identify, and evaluate potential vendors and suppliers to ensure competitive offering, offeror responsibility, and quality services. Develop and implement procurement strategies that maximize value while maintaining compliance.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, fostering open communication and collaboration. Evaluate supplier performance, address issues, and drive continuous improvement in terms of quality, delivery, and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with legal, procurement, and project teams to review, analyze, and negotiate contract terms, conditions, and pricing. Assume primary lead in the preparation and submission of subcontractor RFPs, ensuring compliance with government regulations and specifications.
- Administer and monitor government subcontracts throughout their lifecycle, ensuring adherence to contract terms, performance metrics, and deadlines. Generate accurate and up-to-date contract documentation, including modifications, amendments, and correspondence.
- Develop ISO-9001 compliant subcontractor management processes and formally modify the EXPANSIA quality system documentation to reflect actual processes. Input subcontractor management risks into the risk register and create mitigative solutions.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to incorporate subcontractor cost management into the existing purchasing system using Unanet to issue POs and monitor expenditures. Manage subcontractor cost and expense planning in Unanet.
- Possesses and applies expertise across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major assignments and is responsive to all stakeholders. Evaluates subcontractor performance results and recommends major changes to leadership affecting project success. Functions as an expert across multiple project assignments, and supports Program Managers. . May supervise others.
- The proposed salary range for this position is $74,000-$101,000. There are a host of factors that can influence final salary including, but not limited to, Federal Government contract labor categories and contract wage rates, relevant prior work experience, specific skills and competencies, geographic location, education, and certifications. Our employees value the flexibility EXPANSIA allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and learning and development opportunities. Our unique mix of benefits options is designed to support and protect employees and their families. Employment benefits include health and wellness programs, income protection, paid leave and retirement and savings.
- Clearance: Public Trust, Ability to Obtain Secret Clearance
- Years of Experience: 10 years or relevant experience required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- Substitution: Associate’s Degree and 15 years of relevant experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree is also acceptable
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with government approved purchasing systems and procurement responsibilities.
- Subcontract Administration experience for government subcontracts valued over $1M.
- Experience with Unanet contract administration, including the Reporting, Financial, and preferably the Analytics module.
- Ability to work independently and provide deliverables in a timely fashion when provided with clear expectations and deadlines.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSA)
- Experience initiating, developing, and maintaining subcontractor and vendor relationshipsperforming on government contracts.
- Experience administering purchase order and subcontract agreements equiring FAR and DFAR compliance with various laws and regulations.
- Professional communication written and verbal skills
- Experience writing and documenting (ISO 9001, AS 9100, or a similar quality system) processes for subcontractor and vendor management.
- Experience with the Unanet ERP system above basic time and expense entry