Director, U.S. Government Affairs
circle Minneapolis - will also consider remote in US Full-time 2022-07-27
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
The Director, U.S. Government Affairs will play a critical role in proactive policy engagement with U.S. policymakers and regulators. You will have a deep understanding of the regulatory and policy environment of Congress and all that impacts Circle. You will establish relationships and liaise with internal partners to build knowledge, advocacy strategies and achieve results.
The Director will serve as a key member of the global policy organization and help drive a conducive market environment for the company’s products and services in the U.S., working closely and in reference with the company’s global leadership, policy and regulatory strategy leadership, and cross-functionally across different divisions. This will include policy and legislative analysis and helping shape an engagement strategy with U.S. policymakers and regulators that supports the company’s goals.
What you'll work on:
- Establishing a network of strategic relationships with key policymakers, regulators and their staff, regularly meeting with them to build trust, mitigate potential obstacles and convey the company's priorities.
- Supporting policymakers, regulators, and their staff in their understanding of Circle’s business, digital assets, digital currency and blockchain-based financial services, especially with regard to Circle’s USD Coin (USDC), to advance the development of balanced U.S. digital assets policy and legislation.
- Prioritize stakeholder engagement mapping, ensuring the company is best placed to provide policy input and timely and effective subject matter expertise.
- Build intelligence and understanding of business-critical issues by tracking, monitoring and advising on important changes in regulatory or legislative matters in the U.S.
- Engagement with a highly collaborative, zero-failure mission of driving the company’s global policy, strategy and communications activities as a part of a matrix organization.
- Participation in relevant industry conferences, events and meetings.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder – you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful – you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence – you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity – you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of experience in Congress, public policy and engaging with policymaking institutions.
- In-depth knowledge of the U.S. government and broader digital assets markets.
- Proven track record of working successfully within the U.S. legislative process.
- Strong analytical, communications and interpretative analysis skills.
- Persuasive communications skills in all forms for all audiences.
- Advanced knowledge of financial services, technology and digital assets policy, regulations and market dynamics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.