Hi, I’m Jen, VP of People at Customer.io and I’m looking for a Director, Total Rewards to join our growing People team.
As a key leader in the People team, the Total Rewards Director will lead our total rewards, people systems, and operations teams. We are seeking a versatile leader that can architect HR process, governance, and philosophy in a sustainable and scalable approach. This is a unique opportunity (hands-on and strategic) to make a big impact and translate business strategy into competitive total rewards strategies that attract, reward, and retain great talent. This position partners closely with Accounting, senior leadership, and People Partners.
What you’ll do…
- Refine our total rewards philosophy and scale our compensation/benefits program to meet the needs of our growing and diverse employees.
- Design and lead compensation cycle and assess salary structures on an annual basis.
- Proactively consult on comp-related matters such as strategic hiring campaigns, evaluating international talent markets, retention programs, and employee mobility.
- Develop and execute communication strategies that educate managers and team members on our comprehensive company benefits and wellness offerings.
- Serve as the strategic advisor, benefits and compensation expert and thought partner to the executive and leadership teams.
Process Design & Implementation
- With an emphasis on driving employee transparency, build HR processes and programs that empower our teams to do their best work.
- Evolve HR policies that scale with the business and employee needs while reinforcing our company values.
Data and Systems
- Establish a best-in-class HR technology infrastructure that enables leaders to make informed business decisions.
- Evaluate existing and proposed benefits vendor products and tools for alignment with HR strategies and ROI.
- Build our talent analytics capabilities; including defining and automating the delivery of actionable reporting.
- Lead and maintain employee data integrity for analysis, regulatory compliance, and reporting.
What we’re looking for…
- Creativity and measured discipline in cost control when deploying rewards and benefits programs that attract and retain great talent.
- You are an exceptional problem solver and have a bias toward action.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated track record of developing processes in a growth environment.
- Experience managing a global, remote-first workforce.
- Have the ability to influence across the organization and make challenging concepts accessible to our team.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,000 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track the performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $210,000-$220,000 USD depending on experience and subject to market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO – we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave – for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching – up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance – Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend – Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement – Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement – Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development – Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops – anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io – to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- 1 annual company retreat per year and opportunities to meet in smaller groups throughout the year
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! – as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the name of a tool or system that helps keep you organized.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process (the order is subject to change):
30-minute video call with Symone, Recruiting Manager
30-minute video team Interview with 1 potential cross-functional partner and 1 potential team member
30-minute video call with Jen, VP, People