6sense is on a mission to revolutionize how B2B organizations create revenue by predicting customers most likely to buy and recommending the best course of action to engage anonymous buying teams. 6sense Revenue AI is the only sales and marketing platform to unlock the ability to create, manage and convert high-quality pipeline to revenue.
People are the heart and soul of 6sense. We serve with passion and purpose. We live by our Being 6sense values of Accountability, Growth Mindset, Integrity, Fun and One Team. Every 6sensor plays a part in deﬁning the future of our industry-leading technology. 6sense is a place where difference-makers roll up their sleeves, take risks, act with integrity, and measure success by the value we create for our customers.
We want 6sense to be the best chapter of your career.
The Role: Director, Technical Documentation
The Team: Customer Experience
Location: United States, Remote
Organizational Reporting: Head of Knowledge Management
As the Director of Technical Documentation, you will be an integral part of leading our Knowledge and Digital Content team. Your primary responsibility will be to establish and lead the overall technical writing function, including developing standard documentation methods, policies, and procedures, along with managing a team of technical documentation writers.
You will work closely with the Head of Knowledge, Product Development, Product Marketing, and Customer Marketing (and others) to effectively produce technical documentation for the 6sense platform and ensure that our knowledge base remains up to date and a reliable and accurate resource for both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and implement the overall policies, procedures, and goals for the technical writing function, including peer, editorial, and technical review of knowledge base content.
- Manage a team of technical writers.
- Develop standard documentation methods to effectively communicate product concepts and technical information.
- Coordinate with other teams, departments, and subject matter experts to determine technical writing needs, including new product releases, as well as ongoing maintenance of the knowledge base.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility, including the budget (resources, tools, etc.).
- Understand the core use cases for multiple functions and personas and thoroughly document them at varying levels of technical understanding (beginner to advanced).
- Assist in maintaining content quality, accuracy, and consistency, including content organization and taxonomy.
- Proactively collect and analyze user feedback and communicate with varying levels of department and operations leadership to ascertain areas in need or improvement.
- Act as a player/coach to create new – or edit existing – technical documentation, as needed.
- 3+ years of managerial experience directly related to leading a team of technical or procedural documentation and content creators required.
- Exceptionally clear and precise writing skills, with a strong voice and sharp sense of organizational coherence, along with the subject-matter knowledge required for credibility.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to effectively balance a high volume of tasks of varying degrees of complexity, urgency, and topics.
- Knowledge of SaaS Sales and Marketing software and services a plus
Base Salary Range: $142,500 to $218,500. The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the base salary range for this position. Actual salaries may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to work location and experience. The base salary is one component of 6sense’s total compensation package for this position. Other compensation may include a bonus program or commission plan, and stock options if approved by 6sense’s board. In addition, 6sense provides a variety of benefits, including generous health insurance coverage, life, and disability insurance, a 401K employer matching program, paid holidays, self-care days, and paid time off (PTO). #Li-remote
Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information for California Residents: California Recruitment Privacy Notice and Policy
Full-time employees can take advantage of health coverage, paid parental leave, generous paid time-off and holidays, quarterly self-care days off, and stock options. We’ll make sure you have the equipment and support you need to work and connect with your teams, at home or in one of our oﬃces.
We have a growth mindset culture that is represented in all that we do, from onboarding through to numerous learning and development initiatives including access to our LinkedIn Learning platform. Employee well-being is also top of mind for us. We host quarterly wellness education sessions, and everyone has access to meQuilibrium – a platform to encourage self care and personal growth. From wellness days to ERG-hosted events, we celebrate and energize all 6sense employees and their backgrounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
6sense is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.