When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry’s Commercialization team is looking for a Director, Strategic Partnerships & Business Development. You will be a good fit for this role if you are passionate about technology and can work from strategy through execution to manage and grow a portfolio of current & new strategic partnerships.
Calling upon your experience as a relationship manager, project manager, business development manager, you’ll manage innovative and mutually-beneficial partner programs. You’ll collaborate closely with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, Legal, and Finance teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a strategic advisor, bringing your strategic, negotiation and partnership management expertise to our organization
- Audit and evaluate our current partnerships, recommending adjustments or plans to ensure Ancestry receives maximum value with each partnership
- Work with Product and Engineering leaders to understand priorities and roadmaps, then building the strategy for programs with new partner organizations
- Work with Commercialization leaders to negotiate and close partnership agreements, then manage those partnerships within a partner portfolio
- Build joint program plans with our partners, including evaluation frameworks and end-to-end GTM plans with a robust set of goals, success metrics, and governance
- Partner with our legal team to develop custom partnership agreements and repeatable templates to grow to broader ecosystem partnerships
Who You Are:
- 6+ years of experience in business development
- 2+ years of experience with new strategic partnerships for consumer-facing, web services programming
- Experience identifying, negotiating, securing and managing a portfolio of partnerships, ideally within consumer-facing – else B2B technology – software products
- Experience in collaborating company-wide with senior leadership members, highlighting tradeoffs and building partner ecosystem strategy with a wide range of inputs
- Experience in the analysis and evaluation of potential benefits, partnership cadences and reporting, tracking-to-success, meeting orchestration and leadership, and all partner relationship management
- Experience working in collaboration with legal, budgeting, and other requisite teams in the development, and negotiation of complex contracts and familiarity with standard deal structures