GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. GRAIL, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Illumina, Inc. (NASDAQ:ILMN). For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
We’re looking for an experienced Director, Sales Incentives to join our new and growing Commercial Operations Team.
This leader will be a thought partner who collaborates with senior business leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to design and implement effective and scalable sales incentives programs (base plans, SPIFFS, etc.).
This leader will advise on complex sales incentives matters with data-driven research and develop solutions that are strategically aligned to business goals. This leader will also work closely across the Commercial team, supporting the Commercial Insights and Operations (CIO) team’s vision to “unlock the full potential of the Commercial Organization”.
We will return to work in a hybrid environment in Menlo Park, CA.
We may possibly consider remote candidates (U.S. Based) for this role if you are willing to travel when the business requires it (10-15%).
- Lead the design and execution of GRAIL’s sales incentive programs that align with key guiding principles.
- Consult, advise and educate senior stakeholders on sales incentive program options and processes.
- Lead development and execution of governance with a broad set of senior stakeholders across HR, Finance, and business leaders.
- Manage sales incentives benchmarking surveys, complete data submissions and maintain internal market pricing structures and initiatives.
- Function as the subject matter expert for all sales incentives processes and capabilities, including the identification, development and implementation of a sales incentive administration platform.
- Lead sales incentives system design and data processes that focus on Commercial’s ability to improve the reporting of sales performance through concise compensation reporting capabilities, as well as drive Field Sales self-service incentives/payout reporting.
- Develop project plans and communication materials for successful project implementation.
- Proactively research best practices and trends. Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness and fairness of existing programs and tools. Present findings and thoughtful, creative solutions that are aligned with GRAIL’s philosophy.
- Communicate updates to the system related to sales incentives processes or capabilities to key stakeholders and ensure training and materials are provided to support them.
- Maintain excellent data integrity within systems and tools.
- Ensure senior leaders, front-line managers and employees can access business-critical reports and insights in real-time and on a schedule, as needed.
- Ensure we are compliant with SOPs and other related policies and significantly raise the bar in terms of data, business process, and access security.
- Support scaling the organization through insights, self-service, and company-wide reporting and processes.
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes and partner with teams across People, Finance, IT and Legal on implementation of solutions
- Perform regular business process reviews to make ongoing suggestions and create action plans.
- Respond to sales inquiries regarding, but not limited to compensation process and payouts.
- Be a brand ambassador.
- Partner with business leaders to understand key business questions and design analyses to answer these questions.
- Identify and deliver on opportunities to support key Commercial initiatives through robust analyses and dashboards.
- Build capacity within the Commercial organization to utilize data and analytics to drive decision-making and storytelling.
- Support the creation of resources, dashboards, and training for Commercial
- Participate with the Commercial team on ad-hoc projects.
Your Background Should Include:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent additional relevant work experience.
- 15+ years of compensation and HR-related work experience in a high growth organization and the ability to scale compensation strategies.
- Extensive managerial experience required.
- Experience working with multiple sales incentive administration platforms.
- Understanding of HR, Payroll, Finance, and IT business processes and how they interact with compensation-related initiatives.
- Critical thinker with the ability to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion, maintaining confidentiality when required.
- Proactively identifies opportunities to streamline processes and improve data quality.
- Customer-focused with effective stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a primary focus on core responsibilities.
- Excellent ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-directed problem solver with a desire to contribute to the Company and team’s success.
- Ability to travel up to 15% if remote based.
- Knowledge of local (CA) and federal employment legislation and best practices
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office software & documents
- Experience with Veeva and/or DocuSign as admin user.