Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastly’s edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, and reliably by processing, serving, and securing our customers’ applications as close to their end-users as possible — at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, and to support agile software development. Fastly’s customers include many of the world’s most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, and GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Director, Product Management – Network Services
Fastly is looking for a Director, Product Management to join our Network Services team. In this role, you will be leading a team responsible for shaping and delivering the future of edge cloud computing.
You will have strong judgment, communication, and deep technical skills; a continuous focus on product, engineering and operational excellence is essential for the success in this role.
You will be required to hire and develop great people. You will be expected to have relentlessly high standards, never be satisfied with the status quo, and deliver a delightful experience to our customers. Eventually you will be the product expert on all customer-facing systems & functionality. You will drive the strategy and roadmap process with executives, founders & the company. You should also be able to execute methodically, have the ability to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business.
You will be measured by the overall performance of our products including product performance, adoption, and renewal/upsell by customers. Your passion and ability to influence across different stakeholders will be critical to your success.
What You'll Do
- Lead world-class product managers while working closely with other partner stakeholders (marketing, merchandising, legal, finance) to provide guidance and direction for product launches
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics
- Partner tightly with the engineering teams to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
- Participate in customer-facing & industry events and user conferences as a product expert and leader
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience managing teams of product managers
- Strong understanding of global infrastructure down to the datacenter and cross-connect level
- Experience working with large enterprise and web enterprise customers who have diverse needs and applications and are extremely demanding
- Proven ability to navigate complicated requirements into packaged, enterprise-like offerings
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP stack and networking
- Proven experience in an infrastructure related role (product or engineering focused) with a focus on the L4-L7 space with experience in: Load balancing, GSLB, TLS optimization, HTTP/S, Caching, Application Acceleration, and DNS
- Experience as a Product Manager for a cloud-based/SaaS product
- Degree in Computer Science a plus, strong technical acumen required
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative, commitment and energy who can galvanize the team to follow.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
In accordance with applicable law, Fastly’s minimum base pay for this role if hired in Colorado is $195,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fastly's equity plan. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Note that this role is available to candidates outside of Colorado and different minimum compensation may apply.
Fastly is proud to deliver a strong total rewards program to our employees. This role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Health benefits (medical, dental, and vision)
- Medical: Cigna or Kaiser available
- Retirement benefits and employer match
- Life Insurance (Basic and Voluntary Life)
- Short & Long Term Disability with a buy-up LTD option
- Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness benefits
- Flex Spending Accounts & Mass Transit benefits
- Open Vacation Policy
- Sick Time
- Generous leave benefits (medical, maternity, paternity, and personal)
- Paid wellness days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Learning & reimbursement program stipend
- Mobile and internet allowance
- Wellness stipend
- Pet insurance
Fastly reserves the right to amend or modify for any reasons in accordance with applicable law.
We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects and initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
We love distributed teams. Fastly’s home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices and employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, and we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, and an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
We value diversity. Growing and maintaining our inclusive and diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work and have the ability to be successful — every day.
We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people and we’re not ‘one size fits all’. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans and animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, and more. We love employees for who they are and what they are passionate about.
We’re always looking for humble, sharp, and creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit, please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.