Join us on our mission to make a better world of work.
Culture Amp revolutionizes how over 25 million employees across 6000 companies create a better world of work. As the global platform leader for employee experience, Culture Amp empowers companies of all sizes and industries to transform employee engagement, develop high performing teams, and retain talent via cutting-edge research, powerful technology, and the largest employee dataset in the world. The most innovative companies across the globe, such as Salesforce, Unilever, PwC, KIND, SoulCycle, and BigCommerce depend on Culture Amp everyday.Culture Amp is backed by 10 years of innovation, leading capital venture funds, and offices in the U.S, U.K, and Australia. Culture Amp is recognized as one of the world’s top private cloud companies by Forbes and one of the most innovative workplace companies by Fast Company.
Learn more about how Culture Amp can help you create a better world of work at cultureamp.com.
How you can help make a better world of work:
The members of Culture Amp’s UI Design practice are skilled and passionate designers who “sweat the pixels” in cross-functional teams across Culture Amp’s product group. They work within those teams to shape the user interfaces of Culture Amp’s multi-product platform, and collaborate across multi-disciplined teams to grow and deepen a consistent design language. They balance functionality with usability, and embed humanity and heart into the product experiences that our customers love.
In your first year, you will:
- Build and grow the User Interface Design practice, supporting product teams and bolstering the delivery process across the product group
- Drive the creative direction and visual design language, and co-create the future vision of the Culture Amp platform
- Establish and own quality standards that elevate and direct our product teams to ship world-class product experiences
- Co-steer the health and evolution of Culture Amp’s Design System, Kaizen, with design and engineering partners
To achieve these results, you might:
- Build out a UI practice by expanding the current headcount and capabilities, establishing a clear practice strategy and mission while creating rituals and processes that foster happy and engaged designers to do their best work.
- Create a future vision of the platform’s experience by rolling up your sleeves and partnering with some of the business’s high-impact product and brand areas, developing a suite of new platform-wide patterns and UI standards and driving their adoption in product teams.
- Define and communicate a world-class standard by establishing a cross-discipline understanding of what a quality product experience should look and feel like. Visibility across the product group will give you a bird’s eye view. And attention to detail will allow you to support product leaders, keeping them accountable for maintaining a high quality bar that we can all be proud of.
- Evolve the design system by partnering with key stakeholders and teams across the brand and product group to identify and prioritise emerging componentry and patterns. Collaborate with the Design System team to maintain UI Kit-code parity, and define, document and develop guidelines that can fold back into the system.
At Culture Amp, we live and breathe our values to set the standard for what a Culture First company should be. As the Director of UI Design, you will have demonstrable skills and values that foster a great experience for those around you.
- an empathetic product leader who has proven experience heading and growing a group of product designers
- driven by the successes of those around you, and can coach and inspire others to be the best they can be
- a collaborative partner who creates and nurtures healthy relationships across the business at every level
- a pragmatic decision-maker, balancing competing business needs to deliver a product experience that our customers love
- a detail-oriented systems thinker — someone who can zoom out to see the bigger picture and zoom in to finesse the nuances of micro-interactions
- empathetic and mindful of users’ different needs, and therefore prioritise accessibility in your design work
- an articulate storyteller who can craft narratives and visions that excite people while diving into the details to create helpful systems documentation that guides people to make informed decisions
- curious, and constantly seek better ways of working to improve processes and productivity
We believe that inclusive businesses are better, not just for “company results”, but for the world. We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, and endeavour to lead by example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can take to support our customers in making a better world (of work). You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
We ensure you have the tools you need to thrive both in and out of work.
- MacBooks for you to do your best work
- Share Options – it’s important to us that everyone is an owner and can share in our success
- Excellent parental leave and in work support programme, – for those families to be
- Flexible working schedule – where we can, let’s make work, work for you
- Fun and inclusive digital, and (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in people’s lives!
Please keep reading…
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't meet all the criteria – unlike majority candidates meeting significantly fewer requirements.
We strongly encourage you to apply if you’re interested: we'd love to know how you can amplify our team with your unique experience!