As the Director of Research Partnerships you manage IO’s portfolio of research partnerships and develop and implement a grant management strategy. You identify sources of grant funding, prepare grant proposals and establish, maintain and grow effective relations with funding agencies.
- Manage portfolio of (existing) research partnerships
- Develop strategy to secure external funding for IOG’s blockchain and distributed ledger research initiatives
- Provide strategic guidance and operational leadership to the research department regarding grant management processes.
- Collaborate with external partners, industry leaders, funding agencies, and blockchain communities to explore collaborative opportunities, joint initiatives, and research partnerships.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive grant management strategy to secure funding for blockchain and distributed ledger research projects.
- Identify potential grant opportunities, research funding sources, and partnerships to support research initiatives.
- Participate in roundtables/events organized by donors and influence their grant development process/grant programs.
- Prepare grant proposals, ensuring compliance with grant requirements, and oversee the submission process.
- Attend grant negotiation and review meetings and oversee the process of grant and contract set up.
- Establish, maintain and grow relationships with funding agencies, foundations, and industry partners to enhance grant opportunities and partnerships.
- Monitor grant timelines, reporting requirements, and compliance, ensuring adherence to grant agreements and deliverables.
- Proven track record in securing funding for research
- Extensive experience in grant writing
- Experience with full proposal cycle from bid writing through to project conclusion.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with academic institutions, industry partners and funding bodies
Education / Experience
- PhD in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with a focus on blockchain technology.
- Demonstrated experience securing funding for research from diverse sources.
- Proven record of leading successful research projects and managing academic collaborations or consortiums
- Familiarity with the landscape of academic institutions, commercial partners, and funding bodies relevant to blockchain research.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to represent IOG at academic conferences, industry events, and in the media.
- Commitment to ethical research practices and adherence to the principles of transparency & accountability.
- Exceptional ethical standards and integrity
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland the UK or Poland.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.