Who We Are:
Nacelle was built for technology-forward merchants drawn to the benefits of a headless architecture but dissatisfied with the costs and complexity associated with adoption. Leaders at FTD, Something Navy, Boll & Branch, and Rhone use Nacelle to eliminate the typical maintenance costs and infrastructure complexities related to going headless while accelerating their time-to-market. Unlike traditional commerce solutions, our product is built on event-driven and elastic core technology optimized for flexibility, performance, and customization.
Nacelle is an early stage, venture-backed, fully remote company. Recently closing our Series B round for $50m, our institutional investors include Tiger Global, Index Ventures, Inovia and more. We also have raised from notable industry angels including leaders from Shopify Plus, Attentive, and Klaviyo.
You will work closely with the CEO, CTO and other senior leaders to develop a competitive product strategy that delivers on our promise of the best commerce data orchestration capability on the market. You will lead the product team and work cross-functionally to deliver on our business goals. This is a unique opportunity for a product leader to identify market opportunities, develop new products and go-to-market strategy, and take ownership of execution of the core strategy of Nacelle’s business.
In this role you will:
- Own the development and delivery of Nacelle’s product roadmap of both customer-facing products and internal services platform
- Build and nurture a team of product managers, and partner with a team of 35+ engineers and product designers to bring the product roadmap to life
- Work cross-functionally to identify new market opportunities and develop go-to-market strategies
- Iterate on new product ideas, based on analytics, customer feedback and intuition
- Own and optimize Nacelle’s product development processes and alignment with agile development methodology
- Drive accountability in decision making, project delivery, communication and customer outcomes
The impact you will have in your first year:
- You will build a multi-year product roadmap for our best-in-class headless commerce data orchestration platform, dreaming up new products and features that drive measurable success for our customers
- You will hire and develop a strong team of product managers who can successfully own and drive delivery of their piece of the overall roadmap
- In partnership with Sales and Marketing, you will drive revenue and customer retention to meet our ambitious growth targets
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have 10+ years total hands-on product experience, and 2+ years leading a product team
- You have deep expertise in modern commerce platforms and are well-versed in the large ecosystem of SaaS providers in the commerce space
- You have a technical background or strong technical orientation, you understand the pros and cons of different technologies, and can discuss and design potential solutions with engineers
- You have both a customers-first and developer-centric mentality, with deep empathy for how they use the product and the challenges they face
- You have proven success in collaborating with sales, marketing and customer success teams, in addition to engineering and design
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and experience growing a venture-backed start-up
- You have superb relationship skills, with the ability to work within all levels of an organization
- You are comfortable in an ever-changing environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong presentation abilities
We’d be really excited if you’ve had:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or prior experience in a software development role
- 3+ years directly interfacing with external stakeholders from SaaS customers, systems integrators and partners
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- 100% Remote culture with a minimum of one company in-person retreat per year + team-specific retreats
- Company provided laptop
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of “forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork.”
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle's Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.