At Remine, our core platform and data products deliver powerful insights and predictive analytics on top of our geospatial applications. We build products for both web and mobile to deliver visualizations and search capabilities for real estate agents, brokers, and experts. Our platform and products support large-scale data sources, processing near-real-time updates from a large number of sources. With structured and unstructured data, our data ingestion pipelines, data processing capabilities, and extensive front-end displays provide our users globally the capability to search, label, and track changing datasets as they come in for the real estate arena.
We are looking for a Director of Product Engineering who can lead our product engineering team in building real estate focused cloud platform-based and mobile applications. Work closely with internal stakeholders in product development and leadership to ensure the engineering squads are productive. As a leader, a solid technical background in software development and prototyping with experience with the agile process is needed, along with years of professional experience in building and managing technology-driven teams.
Our product engineering team is responsible for building products and focuses on supporting the needs of real estate agents, brokers and experts. The teams are full-stack, backend, databases and integration. In addition to engineers, the squads consist of product managers, QA engineers, and designers that are a part of the product team.
In terms of the role responsibilities, you will:
- Oversee the technical execution of projects and designs across our products
- As a leader, demonstrate and instill our core company values of being flexible, passionate, diverse perspectives, open communication, constant learner and empathetic.
- Ensure our engineering teams find the right balance between building quickly and with the required product and code quality.
- Work closely with product and business teams to move quickly on critical initiatives that deliver business value.
- Manage product engineers, provide coaching and help resolve technical challenges
- Ensure appropriate distribution of projects and infrastructure among engineering teams
- Develop strong collaboration workflows between product engineers and other engineering team members.
- Contribute to cross-functional engineering architecture planning, strategy development and designs
- Work with the product engineering team to improve agile practices and delivery management
- Provide guidance and leadership on product and code quality, following best practices and creating repeatable workflows
Who you are
- Have at least 8 years of experience with product engineering leadership positions, as a Director/VP of Product Engineering with relevant industry experience People leadership experience including managing a team, hiring, holding 1:1 meetings and performance evaluations.
- Previous experience as a product owner
- A technical capacity and experience to manage full-stack product development
- Experience collaborating with product and business stakeholders
- Hands-on ability to oversee project prioritization and OKR planning
- Have solid engineering design fundamentals and development practices
- Experience contributing to cross-functional working groups
- Highly passionate about product, with a strong interest in being a part of a fast-paced startup environment
- You are an empathetic leader with proven problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Experience working on multiple product projects simultaneously
To succeed in this role experience, the following is preferred
- Real Estate/ Property technology
- AWS and or Cloud experience
- OAuth, OpenID Connect, JWT, token-based stateless authentication
- Remote-first with access to shared spaces
- Unlimited PTO + 14 Paid Holidays
- Excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and more
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development