Seed Health is a microbiome science company pioneering innovations in probiotics and living medicines to impact human and planetary health. Our scientific board comprises leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
Consumer innovations are commercialized under Seed® with a mission to bring much-needed precision, efficacy, education and perspective-shifting science communication to the global category of probiotics. Our efforts to set a new standard in probiotics, microbial innovation and translational communication have earned various accolades, including Fast Company's World Changing Ideas in 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022, and TIME's Best Inventions 2018.
We focus on categories where microbial innovations and microbiome-related products will disrupt and capture global market share in the coming years (e.g. oral care, skin care, infant health, etc.). We have built a strong foundation with breakthrough research and strong intellectual property, and believe there is a substantial opportunity to emerge as an innovative product line, backed by the most rigorous science.
Founded in Venice, CA with a global team across Europe, Australia, Asia and North America, Seed Health was co-founded by Ara Katz and Raja Dhir, alongside a scientific board comprised of leading scientists, researchers, and clinicians across the fields of microbiology, immunology, bioinformatics, dermatology, oral health, vaginal health, gastroenterology, mental health, pediatrics, and nutrition.
The Director of Growth Marketing will oversee the optimization of current acquisition efforts across key performance marketing channels to scale existing programs, improve efficiency and help Seed achieve its target KPIs. You will collaborate closely across the org with Creative, Design, Integrated Marketing, Growth Product and Data to bring these acquisition efforts to fruition.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of Growth Marketing with experience in the health tech and/or CPG space, as well as successful, rapid-growth DTC businesses that are both brand and performance-focused and must comply with regulatory requirements
- You have proven track record of being able to develop and oversee a highly efficient, large scale ($30M+) Acquisition program that optimizes for LTV, ROI, or ROAS
- You have exceptional analytical skills that unlock performance-driving insights across channel, creative, and attribution disciplines
- You are a strategic thinking who is also willing to dive into the weeds and be a scrappy problem solver
- You are a highly effective communicator and collaborator, especially with Brand, and Integrated Marketing teams
- Intuitive knowledge of the performance media landscape and how Seed's brand can best fit within it
- Deep bias towards analytics and measurement, and extensive experience with having your work measured against or towards revenue-related goals
- Comfort in serving as an externally facing representative of Seedand working closely with agency partners to advocate fiercely for Seed's interests
- Comfort and ease working with finance teams to align on budgets, financial targets and the measurement of key financial performance metrics (i.e., CAC and LTV)
- Ability to communicate complex information in an easily understood and thoughtful manner to cross-functional and external partners
- No task too big or too small mindset – willing to roll up sleeves when needed to write ad copy, or to conduct performance analysis
What You’ll Do
- Performance Marketing Strategy: Execute a performance marketing strategy that aligns with the company's overall goals and objectives to drive growth for Seed’s flagship product, DS-01
- Paid Advertising: Manage and optimize paid advertising campaigns across various channels (e.g., Paid Search and Paid Social) to drive efficient customer acquisition and revenue growth optimized to LTV/CAC ratio
- Budget Management: Oversee the allocation of the performance marketing budget to ensure maximum ROI while meeting growth targets.
- Analytics and Reporting: Utilize data-driven insights to make informed marketing decisions, track and report on key performance metrics, and adjust strategies as needed to achieve performance goals.
- Testing and Experimentation: Implement A/B testing and experimentation across ad formats, audience targeting, landing pages to refine marketing strategies. Analyze test results to identify winning strategies and apply insights to improve overall channel performance.
- Measurement: Support broader marketing analytics and attribution projects that help understand the impact of channels through incrementally testing, marginal ROI analysis and collaborating with data team on advanced attribution modeling.
- Market Research: Stay informed about industry trends and competitor activities to identify growth opportunities and potential threats.
- Influencer and Partnership Marketing: Collaborate with influencer/ambassador program to expand our reach and drive performance marketing results
- Agency Management: serve at POC and Seed SME on execution of performance marketing channel strategy for DS-01
- Technical Skills: proficiency with web analytics tools (Amplitude, Mixpanel, Google Analytics), experience with Meta and Google’s new(er) ad products (PMax, Discovery, Advantage+ Shopping Campaigns), A/B testing (in platform tooling and Optimizely), advanced attribution modeling.
The annual pay range for this full-time position is $170k-$190k + equity + benefits across all US locations (this position is 100% remote-US). Our pay ranges are guided by discipline, level and experience required. Within the range, individual pay may vary based on additional factors, including: your specific location, desired skills/ technical competency, relevant experience and advanced education/ training. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, LTD, Mental Wellness, EAP, Wellness Stipend + 401(k) match.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
Seed Health does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or any employee of the Seed team. All candidates must be submitted via our Applicant Tracking System by approved Seed Health vendors who have been requested to make a submission by our Talent Acquisition team for a specific job opening.