Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the
open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source
software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and
delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals.
We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a
remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best
Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business
Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest
growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a
passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers.
Does this sound like the right place for you?
Sysdig is looking for a Director, Global IT to manage our growing IT Department. This role
reports to our Chief Human Resource Officer, and is a visible role in the company.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a small but growing team across all key Corporate IT programs and processes; manage network, systems and help desk teams to meet their respective objectives.
- Support employees in over 20 countries
- Manage network, systems and help desk teams to meet their respective objectives,
providing mentorship, support, strategy and vision
- Build and grow a value-add, reliable Corporate IT application framework with 24×7 service, and drive effective responsive help desk support to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with HR teams to streamline management of internal user processes,
especially automations and controls around user onboarding, off-boarding and
- Drive the cohesion of business technology across the organization, integrating with the business team priorities, and propelling the organization toward consistent, unified and secure architectures.
- Maintain relationships with Sysdig's third-party Corporate IT vendors, driving RFI/RFP
process, bake-offs and contract negotiations as required
- Manage the IT budget that anticipates and addresses growth
What you will bring with you:
- 10-15+ years in IT, with 3+ years managing a team
- Experience working for a global tech company that has or is experiencing significant
- Knowledge of hardware, software, business applications (ie. Splunk, Zoom, Gmail,
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and data governance
- Experience managing a budget and working with Finance/HR teams on unified goals
- Self-starter (can demonstrate this with previous experience)
What we look for:
- Experience in establishing strong working relationships both internally and externally,
quickly establishing trust and credibility at all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding organization skills and a track record of executing with attention to detail.
- A vision for the department. This role allows someone the opportunity to build on our
existing practices and bring in new ideas and products.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open-source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by
- technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and unlimited time off
- Additional recharge days
- 401k matching (starting the day you do)
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Career growth