Director of Finance, Remote, US
onna 202 Centre Street, New York, NY 10013, USA Full-time 2022-07-28
Director of Finance, Remote, US
Would you like to become part of a collaborative remote team where you will learn and grow beyond your role, and where work-life balance is always a priority?
This opportunity may interest you!
At Onna, our product helps companies such as Dropbox, Electronic Arts, Lyft, Carvana and others to turn their disparate and disconnected information from workplace applications (Slack, Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, and more) into knowledge that is accessible, useful, and private. To learn more about our Knowledge Integration Platform, visit www.onna.com.
What is it like to work at Onna?
- Be part of a Digital First community: As a Digital First company, we empower you to adapt your schedule for what works best for you, so you can collaborate with co-workers in different time zones while also meeting your own personal needs.
- Our virtual doors are always open to you: Share opinions, access experts and ask questions. At all levels, our people are approachable and supportive. Transparency is paramount.
- Thrive within our people-first culture: Everybody at Onna is a true team player, regardless of their role at the company. Our incredibly talented people also happen to be friendly, humble and willing to help. We recognize each other’s achievements and interact in a meaningful and intentional way.
- Choose your own career adventure: We strive to nurture careers by welcoming feedback and encouraging both mentorship and promotions. There are endless opportunities at Onna, whether you’re interested in deepening your role or expanding knowledge beyond your current department.
- Solving meaningful problems now and in the future: At Onna, you’ll be working on complex problems that haven’t been solved before. You’ll think, adapt, iterate and innovate to positively influence the day-to-day lives of our customers. At Onna, you’ll be on the ground as our client list grows and our use cases expand.
Company benefits with you in mind
At Onna, we truly care about each other. To nurture your career with us, we create a culture of openness and offer plenty of resources to support your growth, mental health and well-being:
- Competitive salary package, including an annual bonus and equity.
- Recharge and disconnect with our flexible paid time off policy.
- We all take a break with quarterly Onna Wellbeing Days.
- Home-office setup budget so you can create your ideal remote workspace.
- Monthly stipend to support working from home.
- Competitive health insurance package, based on your region.
- 401(k) with matching contribution (US).
- Yearly learning and development budget.
- Day off for your birthday and company anniversary.
- Frequent virtual social activities at the team and company level, as well as in-person team gatherings whenever possible. We are Digital First, but we’re definitely not digital only! We value togetherness and we love seeing each other's faces!
What will make you succeed in the position?
- You have 7+ years of progressive finance roles in high growth, Saas companies
- You have extensive financial modeling and budgeting experience, as well as experience in strategic discussion and decision making processes
- You are hands-on, love new challenges, and are able to adapt to changing business needs
- You are excellent at building relationships and have strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills
- You have strong commercial acumen and demonstrated experience understanding a full range of key financial and non-financial business drivers
What will be your mission?
- Lead our finance and accounting operations, with a focus on financial planning and analysis (FP&A)
- Provide hands-on, metrics-driven financial leadership to help accelerate growth and profitability and provide the executive team with “operational insight” to better manage the business
How will you achieve it?
- Prepare operational and financial reporting in weekly dashboards and monthly and quarterly packages that include financial statements, KPIs and analysis of key business metrics
- Develop budgets, forecasts and long-term financial plans in partnership with the leadership team
- Build and maintain relationships with professional advisors, bankers, insurance brokers, auditors, Board of Directors and investors
- Support financing activities including working with potential investors
- Preparing executive presentations, including financial reporting, comprehensive business analyses and recommendations to senior management and the Board of Directors
- Develop a solid financial foundation with appropriate processes and systems that will allow the business to grow effectively to scale
About the product & Onna’s funding:
Our growing list of integrations includes the likes of G-Suite, Slack, Microsoft 365, Box, Dropbox and more. Our open API allows us to integrate with any cloud-based or on-premise platform, for optimal control and visibility into your most critical knowledge. Once connected to Onna, the potential use cases are limitless: Information Governance, eDiscovery, Compliance, Knowledge Management, are just a few ways Onna can empower organizations and their employees.
In 2019, we closed an $11M Series A led by Dawn Capital with the participation of our integration partners Slack Fund and Dropbox, and in 2020 we closed a $27M Series B led by Atomico with participation from Glynn Capital, as well as follow-up investments from Dawn Capital, Nauta Capital, and Slack Fund.
Onna is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the location the position is posted.