Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
This position coordinates, manages and oversees the daily activities related to the design, development, and implementation of systems and software applications within the Global Product Engineering department to ensure the efficient development and delivery of high quality product features and services on mission-critical information and software systems. Ensures education, awareness, and adherence of Cision’s software development processes and standards, including Scrum agile development, automated unit testing, internationalization, usability, scalability, and service oriented architecture initiatives.
- Leads, coaches and directs a team of managers and employees within the Global Product Engineering operations and activities to support national sales contract clients. Directly supervises Managers and Software Developers and makes hiring, performance management and disciplinary decisions for these roles.
- Incorporates knowledge of best practices to guide the development team on issues related to the design, development, and deployment of applications and provides 3rd tier support for the support team. Fosters an environment where team members feel empowered to suggest and implement product and process enhancements.
- Utilizes several web applications to conduct ongoing forensic performance monitoring of client services and servers, initiates and communicates restarts with client teams based on diagnosis in adherence with company protocol.
- Champions Scrum Master best practices and methodologies including; determining work priority, resourcing, verification, acting as a technical team lead, task assignments, project management and providing status updates. Facilitates challenges around priority setting, timing and resourcing to ensure defects are resolved in a timely manner. Cultivates a sense of ownership and urgency in resolving customer facing production problems to maximize product uptime.
- Facilitates software architecture/design/implementations inclusive of overseeing development projects to meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues. Partners with project managers to formulate and execute on all software releases and application software development projects.
- Manages and enforces policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices and responds to requests for information regarding product development – current and future state.
- Leads discussions with internal teams regarding how to integrate services and technology into existing business practices and oversees the review and analyses of existing applications’ performance, effectiveness and efficiency, makes recommendations for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Evaluates performance issues and requisitions hardware/resources as required.
- Confirms expenditures for licensed software and coordinates payment with Accounts Payable.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development
- At least 5 years expertise leading cross-functional / platform application development teams and projects within a supervisory role (on a global level)
- Deep knowledge and expertise in software development, project management, software systems development working on a variety of platforms.
- Broad and deep understanding of modern software architecture and methodologies, including Agile (Scrum, XP) & incremental methods. Certification in any of the following is an asset; Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I), Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Agile Certified Practitioner.
- Strong QA & Testing background including modern unit and TDD driven methods; experience with automated testing and Continuous Integration.
- Deep knowledge of backend and frontend technologies (Java is preferred)
- Software architecture, database management and familiarity with at least two operating systems similar to Windows 7 or higher and variants of Linux is required.
- Strong project management skills and methodologies with expertise for organizing and leading IT projects and multi-task projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical, problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to identify, recommend and implement changes and improvements.
- Advanced listening and verbal communication skills to understand client needs or problems and respond clearly and concisely. Solid relationship building, influence and negotiation skills.
- Adaptable to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field is required
- Other position requirements:
- Due to the access of sensitive market pricing information the incumbent of the position is required to disclose criminal background information upon any request made by the employer.