At SMS Assist, we’re not just in the business of fixing properties—we’re fixing an entire industry. Typically, facilities maintenance is tough work—both in the nature of the job (plumbing, HVAC, snow removal) and the lack of clarity throughout the experience. We decided a better way wasn’t only possible, but essential. Through our award-winning technology platform, built and powered by SMSers, we connect local contractors to our customers and help manage an experience that surpasses expectations.
Recognized on Forbes’ Cloud 100 list, Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, Chicago Crain’s Top Tech Employers, and more, SMS Assist manages more than 186,000 properties where people live and work. Our customers’ livelihoods are in our hands—think a restaurant manager whose only fryer goes down on a busy Friday night or a family in Florida without power after a hurricane. We work across the industries that make up your community, including retail, food service, banking, residential, and more, and we help them find the right provider in our network (we call them Affiliates) in more than 45 trades.
We’re innovators, disruptors, and out-of-the-box thinkers. We set each other up for success in the office and for the perfect spike on the volleyball court during an intramural game. We’re community volunteers, karaoke partners, and lifelong friends. We’re passionate about the people we serve, and we give our all because we care. We want to make every property better, and we want your help to make it happen.
The Director of Customer Acquisition will have overall responsibility for developing, implementing, optimizing, and maintaining a comprehensive & integrated marketing programs designed to drive demand generation across new and existing customer audiences. Helping us execute new GTM strategies, the person in this role will have direct responsibility for helping SMS Assist acquire new consumers, increase brand awareness & market share, as well as support existing customer growth. Marrying strategy with execution, they will help identify and lead key marketing initiatives that drive customer engagement, in close partnership with our sales and operations teams while working collaboratively with other members of the marketing team. Skilled in data analysis, this person will use metric-driven decisions to adjust strategies in a timely fashion, connecting the dots between activities and customer conversion.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of all necessary marketing programs and initiatives to achieve desired customer acquisition goals. Ideates and initiates strategies, tactics, and campaigns specifically designed to deliver leads and help sales build pipeline and close opportunities.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and orchestrating effective inbound and outbound demand generation strategies and initiatives, including but not limited to ABM, for all verticals. Leads the daily planning and coordination of data-driven, segmented marketing campaigns, integrating various channels and communication vehicles for all approved initiatives.
- Creates detailed quarterly marketing plans for vertical growth that incorporates both market & competitor analysis, identifies prospective “look alike” customers and outlines the strategies, tactics, & resources necessary to achieve desired outcomes for any given period. Conducts market research to better understand trends and needs, identifying how to position and differentiate SMS Assist.
- Leverages CDP (Demandbase), Hubspot, and Google Analytics to analyze and interpret customer behaviors and patterns, creating strategies for nurturing leads through the funnel in conjunction with Sales; utilizing appropriate content in the optimal channels to drive conversion rates.
- Supports development of personas to create more relevant and engaging content, partnering with internal and external resources to generate the content needed to create deeper engagement, and effectively communicate our value proposition at key touch points.
- Leads the creation of marketing collateral for sales enablement to engage with prospects at various points in the sales cycle, developing a connection between consumer insights and content strategy. Supports operations team with QBRs as determined.
- Drives the creation of ancillary marketing content specific to the market segment, developing impactful, strategically aligned content across a wide variety of media including web, social media, video, interactive, print, and other platforms as needed, by identifying content needs and direction.
- Establishes clear ROI expectations and evaluates key performance indicators (KPIs) for campaigns. Measures results against ROI assumptions across all applicable initiatives. Consistently monitors and analyzes data to make recommendations for optimizing campaign performance and reporting on the impact of marketing efforts. Uses data and insights to identify key levers and opportunities for improvements.
- Fosters a positive team environment; ensures confidentiality of internal and external data; performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
- Verbal Communication – Advanced
- Written Communication – Advanced
- Editing and Proofing- Advanced
- Teamwork – Advanced
- Relationships – Advanced
- Organizational Awareness – Proficient
- Learning Agility – Proficient
- Analysis – Advanced
- Process Orientation – Advanced
- Prioritization – Advanced
Role Specific Skills
- Proven experience driving measurable customer acquisition and revenue
- ROI calculation, opportunity market sizing, and campaign analysis
- Prior experience in Account Based Marketing (ABM) utilizing a CDP platform
- The ability to set strategies and execute tactics, leveraging internal and external resources
- Experience in customer journey mapping and persona development
- An entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical skills and solid financial acumen to complement functional depth in marketing
- Strong project management skills from conceptualization, driving alignment, managing deadlines, analyzing results and delivering recommendations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing
- 15 or more years of directly relevant marketing experience and a proven track record of creating and executing measurable, successful marketing programs
Other Relevant Qualifications
- Experience working with email automation and marketing automation programs such as Hubspot, Marketo, or Eloqua