About the Job
The Director of Account Management position is part of our vibrant sales team which aids in selling and expanding our marketing planning platform. In this position, the Director of Account Management will master expansions and renewal strategies and tactics in the B2B SaaS arena. They will resolve a wide range of issues while strengthening partnerships with existing clients. The Director of Account Management is responsible for minimizing financial attrition, locking in favorable terms with our customers, identifying growth, and providing insights to the business that improve future outcomes while managing a team of Account Managers and aiding them in success.
You have a full understanding of the SaaS contracting space in the Enterprise and Mid-market segments. You have extensive experience creating renewal motions, negotiating and closing renewal agreements, managing through common objections, coaching sales or account management teams and individuals, building expansion pipeline, creating expansion motions, building executive relationships, and identifying, recruiting, hiring and retaining talent.
You understand the complex world of marketing. Whether this comes from experience selling marketing software, or guiding brands through marketing planning – you know and feel the pain they experience every day. Lastly,you are an expert at leading by example and can show your team how it’s done.
Opal is the planning platform that connects strategy to execution. Marketing and communications teams working together in Opal get the visibility they need to stay aligned and collaborate efficiently. Visit workwithopal.com to learn why Opal is used by teams everywhere including Starbucks, Target, Minted, General Motors, Ikea and Zillow.
- Perform cold outreach across multiple channels (calls, emails, LinkedIn, etc.) to generate new sales opportunities for the Account Executive Team
- Collaborate across Opal’s GTM (Go To Market) organization in order to identify new opportunities for Opal
- Coordinate meetings, calls, and product demonstrations of Opal with prospective growth areas within accounts.
- Ensure excellent pre-and post-sales service.
- Bring insights to potential customers that reflect an understanding of the market, technology landscape, and other potential use cases.
- Efficiently navigate Salesforce and other sales operational tools to create, update, retrieve, and understand account, contact, and opportunity information.
- Research and report on market, customer, competitor, and regional landscapes.
- Communicate market feedback to Sales, Marketing, and Product Development teams.
- Help to build a commercial rhythm, including setting a precedent for consistent and effective internal communication, collaboration, reporting, and forecasting.
- Partner with Legal to ensure compliance with rapidly evolving standards for personal data protection and privacy, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Develop and maintain Opal policies and documentation relating to security.
- Develop and maintain internal training programs.
- Maintain positive interactions cross-functionally with security advocates and area managers in all departments.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge:
- Minimum 7-10 years of account sales experience in SaaS
- Demonstrated track record of account management and renewals success, preferably working with customers ranging from a diverse client set from SMB through Fortune 500 companies
- Demonstrated success in managing large account relationships and developing new account opportunities
- Experience owning global SaaS pipeline forecasting in Customer Success or Sales – grasp of the complexity of forecasting in a renewals/retention recurring revenue business
- Proven executive presence and resolve as well as strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision internally and externally
- Experience navigating a wide range of negotiations, contracts, and legal discussions
- Track record of exceeding performance targets as an individual contributor and sales/renewal leader
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Natural alignment with Opal’s Values: Open & Honest, Passionate, Accountable, Level-Up, Intentional, Teamwork, and Excellence
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Some benefits our team members enjoy include:
- Competitive, market-leading compensation package, including stock options
- 100% company-paid Medical/Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance for individuals (plus company-subsidized dependent coverage)
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health, Dependent Care, Commuter, Parking
- Company-paid Life/AD&D, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance for your furry friend
- Unlimited Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave & Back-to-Work Program
- 401(k) and Roth Retirement Plans
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
Salary of $170-225 (base+variable) annually DOE
Opal is an equal-opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. We believe a diverse workplace promotes innovation and enhances decision making. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status.