–COVID-19 Hiring Update–
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
You're a motivated marketing analytics leader and domain expert with experience collaborating successfully with business partners across marketing, sales and product.
You’re a strategic thinker who can tackle ambiguous problems, bring definition and clarity to data and measurement for our global marketing activities.
You can spot patterns in data that substantiate informed decisions within a commercial organization. You're an expert at leveraging insights and predictive models to produce improved results for an organization.
As our Director, Data Analytics & Insights, you'll lead the team responsible for the development and execution of fact-based reporting, analysis and analytical models used to enhance decision-making across Dataminr's marketing organization.
- Lead efforts to define and implement frameworks for measuring, reporting and analyzing marketing and associated sales performance, creating a unified view for the CMO and marketing leadership that powers decision making
- Provide expert consultation to senior leaders, driving priorities based on a holistic view of marketing, providing the analytical insights that enable them to make informed decisions
- Gain buy-in for measurement models from key stakeholders across marketing, sales and product
- Develop dashboards and standardized reports (and reporting cadence) to provide ongoing insight to commercial stakeholders, and then work to ensure utilization and adoption of reporting by these stakeholders
- Create and maintain appropriate marketing KPIs and ROI models for marketing campaigns to determine effectiveness
- Conduct full funnel analysis against every waterfall stage and associated conversion rates; visualize Marketing’s path to success against KPIs
- Manage planning and reporting for marketing team budget
- Work closely with our commercial finance team to ensure accurate financial reporting and ensure insights drive the financial planning cycles
- Advise marketing operations and sales operations functions on data requirements necessary to perform desired analysis; participate in the development of process modifications needed to deliver required data
- Contribute to vision and implementation of optimal martech stack
- Oversee a team of commercial data practitioners and associated tools
- Be a champion of evidence-based decision making and a thought leader in new trends in marketing metrics and measurement
Desired Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in analytics, consulting, or related quantitative role
- 3+ years of data analytics team building and management
- Bachelor's degree in analytical field; advanced degree preferred
- Experience at a high growth B2B SaaS/software company preferred
- Experience working on funnel metrics, attritribution, waterfall conversion rates, user segmentation, and creative testing and optimization
- Expertise in statistical analysis and modeling, and ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements
- Ability to communicate complex data concepts in ways that marketing leaders and other functions can understand
- Proficiency with BI tools required; proficiency with Salesforce strongly preferred
- High talent to ego ratio
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!