The GitHub HR Consultant Director is a leader in our Global HR Operations team that is responsible for leading efforts to plan, design, deliver HR programs initiatives and projects across GitHub with key stakeholders and partners.
The successful candidate will translate HR program initiatives and projects into executable project plans; understanding and defining the scope of work and impact for large and transformational initiatives. Strategically partner with functional HR teams as well as Communications, Business Systems, Workplace Experience, Legal, and others as necessary to drive projects to completion.
- Partner with Centers of Excellence on implementing and capitalizing on scalable Human Resources programs and processes (e.g., Rhythm of Business (ROB)/performance and development cycle, management excellence communities, employee movement, ad-hoc projects); manages Human Resources processes for a and works with project/program management team to continually refine to align to the business culture.
- Leads the design and implementation of local Human Resource (HR) projects or programs (e.g., critical positions retention, mid-year performance checkpoint) based on unique needs for a business and level of change; provides project guidance related to prioritization, timelines, budget, resourcing, impact and build change management plan accordingly to how significant the change will be for the organization.
- Leverages, aligns, and integrates communication strategies and messages from the Center of Excellence (CoE); guides others in the implementation of communication messages; collaborates with peer disciplines (e.g., Human Resources Business Partnership, Compensation, People Systems) to gain buy-in on programs and processes from business stakeholders.
- Lead by influence and open communication to ensure deadlines and goals are met
- Execute improvements to processes that increase efficiency, consistency and service delivery
- Understand numerous, interrelated HR processes and tools (Workday and/or complex HRIS systems, Greenhouse)
- Identify and quickly diagnose and resolve issues as they arise; identify root cause insights
- Set metrics and gather feedback from the organization to monitor, improve, and iterate on program performance and outcomes
- Collaborate closely with our internal HR teams and stakeholders outside of HR
- Exhibit a growth mindset and be customer-obsessed while executing against stated objectives
- 11+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes
- OR Bachelor's Degree AND 9+ years experience with Human Resources or Business programs/processes.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years leading HR projects at scale in high change environments
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)/Society for Human Resources Management-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $105,400 to maximum $223,600 + bonus + equity + benefits.
· Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired in Colorado.
Location: In this role, you can work remotely from anywhere in the United States or onsite in one of GitHub's U.S. offices (San Francisco, Bellevue, Raleigh)
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.