See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director, Global Payroll
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position will be responsible for establishing, monitoring, and scaling payroll processes and controls. We are also looking for someone who can lead and mentor a team, and someone who is the subject matter expert around payroll processing and payroll accounting.
The Director embraces and models Twilio Magic and is a trusted cross-functional partner to Global Benefits, HR, Legal, Tax and Treasury (among others) to proactively determine and execute on a strategic Payroll Roadmap, while ensuring regulatory compliance in the daily execution of the team responsibilities.
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER:
- Responsible for payroll strategic planning, tactical direction, and day-to-day service delivery spanning 22 countries and 8500+ employees (and growing!)
- Maintain standard operating and regulatory procedures globally with respect to audit, privacy, tax reporting, regulatory compliance, and controls
- Partner with external firms to provide high quality service delivery, timely issue resolution, and governance in international jurisdictions
- BE CURIOUS:
- Provide strategy and direction to continually improve global payroll processes and solve problems without clear precedents
- Create and implement payroll metrics and dashboards to highlight areas of opportunity for the business
- Work in a team-oriented, and fast-paced environment while still finding opportunities for automation and innovation
- BE A BUILDER:
- Work with Team Leaders and Stakeholders in People, Finance, Technology and other business lines, to align and maintain Global Payroll Operations
- Represent Global Payroll on corporate committees and M&A teams and manage and control global spend
- Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members in order to optimize operational excellence and create a deeper bench of experienced talent
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience as a leader managing international teams within complex organizations
- Demonstrated experience as a strong, inclusive leader dedicated to a culture that promotes employee success
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in interactions involving confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to resolve complex, global payroll challenges in a quick and effective manner
- Experience with providing thought leadership and enabling success in an evolving and growing company across multiple regions and time zones
- Strong operational discipline with an analytical, process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-Level
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets (vlookups, pivot tables, etc)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, HR or related field; or equivalent work experience
- PHR, SPHR, CPP, CPM, or other related professional certifications is a plus
- Experience with Workday
- ADP SmartCompliance, Service Now, Oracle (Accounting) and Fidelity 401(k) experience preferred
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately <5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $145,520 – $200,090.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.