Cision employs the brightest, most passionate people in the tech industry. We’d love for you to join our growing team! We invest in our people through training and professional development while supporting you along the way—all so you can meet your career goals. To us, the most important measure of our success is yours.
The Cision Design team plays an integral role in every step of our product development process—gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, experimenting, and honing the final product.
In the Design Research Director role, you will lead and drive new product insight, influencing the end-to-end client experience and be responsible for building world-class solutions for strategic media communication. You’ll be at the forefront of the communications industry, leveraging Cision’s advantage in data, machine learning, product design, and engineering to build industry-leading products. Through it all, you’ll exhibit proficiency in the design research process, making use of a broad range of methods and techniques. You will develop the skills of less experienced researchers and support them in their projects.
- 10+ years working in UX/Design Research, preferably with experience in a leadership position
- Experience navigating complex ecosystem problems and building fully-featured platforms
- Track record of translating research into demonstrable business impact
- Deep knowledge of design research methods, A/B testing, and/or experimentation grounded in behavioral science concepts
What You’ll Do
- Design and lead multiple qualitative research initiatives, including in-depth interviews and contextual inquiry using digital tools (Zoom, MIRO, Ethnio, Air Table, etc.)
- Manage, champion, and develop a team of Design Researchers
- Balance speed and rigor to deliver strategic insights that maximize Cision’s impact
- Prioritize research requests from multiple teams and stakeholders—while also driving your own research initiatives
- Oversee and support research study design and data interpretation by research collaborators
- Foster a culture of experiment-driven design to de-risk product development and better understand user needs and behavior