In this pivotal business & functional role, you will be a key business and supply chain leader across our branded businesses and supply chain. This role will report to the VP, Supply Chain & Operations. You will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of integrated business planning for Consumer Operations. You will build a team that engage with customers and commercial teams across our suite of omnichannel consumer brands employing appropriate strategies and tactics to drive to a consensus sales forecast. You work with businesses and functions to develop / vet innovation launch plans. recommend inventory settings, formulating demand plans, DRP/inventory allocation to channel nodes and MRP. Further you will partner with MAKE/BUY to determine production plans and raw and pack buys from vendors & right inventory levels for components.
Your superior passion and knowledge of SIOP (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning) will be used to continuously determine gaps between established business targets/plans and bottom-up builds. Demand gaps/risks/opportunities identified will be solutioned with commercial partners at the right time fence to drive proactive actionable decision making. Inventory will be proactively managed to policy and Supply performance will be challenged to continuously drive the agility of the Supply Chains.
You will use data and ABC to drive focus/actionable insights on key areas of the business/supply chain in order to drive positive business impacts for;
•Innovation and promotion
•Service levels across channels
•Inventory levels (finished goods, semi-finished and components)
This role will ensure the nuisances of sales channels like D2C, e-Com, specialty and FDM are factored into our planning approach. This role will also influence and guide our approach / planning operations for expanding global markets.
This position plays a key role in being the nerve center for all departments within the brands, cross-functionally with FP&A and Accounting, and works closely with leaders to ensure strategic planning and operational needs for the brands including business performance. Improving service levels to customers, optimizing inventory and product life-cycle management will be at the heart of the planning organizations mission.
- Results driver: be a leader in driving action that results in hitting/exceeding revenue, service & inventory targets.
- Talent leader: Provide leadership to the Planning team identifying, developing and retaining demand and supply planning talent.
- Business influencer: drive top down business targets and bottom up forecasts together using superior influencing and analytical skills to drive focus on actionable insights.
- Develop and manage forecasting for channels in the US and global markets.
- Design and manage inventory management, including forecasting and triggering replenishment orders.
- Purchase Order support and management, including clearing roadblocks as needed.
- Design and lead business analytics .
- Develop scalable processes to translate analytics into actionable insights more rapidly.
- Develop data-driven insights, opinions, and recommendations to drive the business forward in a measurable way.
- Design insights from market research and secondary data analytics to support the ongoing improvement of the brand strategy and continual development of impactful customer materials and tools.
- Lead business analytics with New Product Development and Marketing to inform product and sample investment decisions.
- Act as an internal consultant to stakeholders across the organization to support strategic decision making and maximizing the brands commercial success.
- Collaborate with Business Analytics, Marketing, Creative, and New Product Development within the brand groups.
- 10+ years in planning leadership/management in Omnichannel FMCG (D2c/E-Com, specialty and FDM).
- Both demand and supply planning experience are a must.
- Entrepreneurship mindset. Strong leadership skill in driving change and process improvement. SIOP Mastery is a must.
- Familiar with overall supply chain concepts (DESIGN, PLAN, SOURCE, MAKE, DELIVER & ENABLE)
- Experience in team management with varying caliber and developmental needs
- Experience working with supplier vendors
- Other supporting experiences in FP&A, purchasing and/or analytics would be highly valued
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and analytical skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills; able to handle multiple priorities
- Highly flexible and adaptable to work in fast-paced, often-changing environment
- Ability to speak effectively with internal and external partners, including leadership
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams
- Ability to work well in a multicultural, multitimezone setting