At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Internal Audit (IA) organization is responsible for delivering high quality objective and independent assurance over the Company’s key business risks to the Audit Committee and Management in a cost effective way and consistent with Professional Standards. Reflecting the Company’s core value of continuous improvement, the function is in the process of moving toward wider coverage of operational risks, exploring more efficient audit approaches and industry best practices where appropriate.
The Director of Cybersecurity & IT Audit will have specific responsibility for defining, assessing and executing the Cybersecurity plan within the IT function in accordance with professional best practices, and will assist the Vice President of IA and the leadership team in driving function-wide transformation programs and the strategic direction for the team. This person will stay closely aligned with IT Security management in order to understand and add value to our business.
What you'll do
- Develop and execute Cybersecurity and IT audit strategy in alignment with business objectives, based on thorough understanding of our business and risk exposures
- Perform effective Cyber risk assessments, define Cyber risk-based audit programs and manage/lead operational audits to evaluate controls and compliance
- Deliver high quality, efficient and timely audit work in accordance with the Internal Audit charter, IIA standards and professional best practices
- Build relationships with Cyber/IT leaders to help define scoping, planning and execution of work
- Add value to the business through great communication and alignment with IT senior management
- Drive creation of actions to remediate deficiencies and risk mitigation plan with stakeholders
- Liaise and work closely with external auditors and the SOX Team to manage expectations with regard to reliant IT SOX testing activities
- Budget, allocate resources, and manage the Cybersecurity IA team
- Drive department transformation programs which may include implementing risk based auditing approaches, streamlining processes and documentation, implementing data analytics and continuous audit, improving indicators and performance metrics, audit training and team development, enhancing stakeholder and Audit Committee reporting and department budgeting processes.
- Drive the professional development, including benchmarking, training, certification and engagement in Cyber and IT related forums. Stay current with industry trends, threats, and best practices.
- Report to the Vice President of IA
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Minimum 12 years of core IT Security Audit experience
- Deep understanding of IT Security posturing, threat/impact analysis, IT General Controls, core IT processes, controls, platforms and systems
- Excellent knowledge of Cyber audit best practices, tools/techniques and emerging trends
- Advanced proficiency in security frameworks and standards (i.e., NIST, ISO 27001)
- Experience in areas such as IP Protection, DLP, Encryption, Network, Firewall, SEIM, DMZ, Extranet, etc.
- CISSP, CISA, CIA preferred
- Exceptional leadership and management skills; experience in team development and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Effective communicator, relationship builder and a manager of expectations
Compensation may be adjusted depending on work location.
- For Colorado-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $205,000 – $251,000.
- For New York City, Washington, and California (excluding Bay Area) based hires: Estimated annual salary of $234,000 – $286,000.
- For Bay Area-based hires: Estimated annual salary of $247,000 – $301,000
This role is eligible to participate in Cloudflare’s equity plan.
Cloudflare offers a complete package of benefits and programs to support you and your family. Our benefits programs can help you pay health care expenses, support caregiving, build capital for the future and make life a little easier and fun! The below is a description of our benefits for employees in the United States, and benefits may vary for employees based outside the U.S.
Health & Welfare Benefits
- Medical/Rx Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Spending Accounts
- Fertility & Family Forming Benefits
- On-demand mental health support and Employee Assistance Program
- Global Travel Medical Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life & Accident Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Participation Plan
- Flexible paid time off covering vacation and sick leave
- Leave programs, including parental, pregnancy health, medical, and bereavement leave
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers–at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use – it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal – we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.