As Director of Cyber Security, you will develop strategic direction, go-to-market offerings, and lead a team of cybersecurity professionals that plan and design security solutions and capabilities that enable Effectual’s customers to identify, protect, detect, respond, and recover from cyber threats and vulnerabilities. The Director of Cyber Security will define and develop security requirements using risk assessments, threat modeling, testing, and analysis of existing systems. You will develop security integration plans to protect existing infrastructure and to incorporate future solutions. Responsible for shaping and executing our cybersecurity strategy, ensuring the highest level of protection for our client’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive cybersecurity strategy aligned with Effectual’s overall vision and goals. Utilizing a variety of security information and event management (SEIM), data loss prevention (DLP), intrusion prevention systems (IPS), and other tools.
- Provide thought leadership in cybersecurity, staying abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies. Partnering with stakeholders to encourage the adoption of security compatible best practices.
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a team of cybersecurity experts, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous learning. Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, understanding their unique security challenges and providing tailored solutions.
- Collaborate with sales to drive business growth through cybersecurity offerings.
- Define and oversee the development of a comprehensive suite of cybersecurity services, including risk assessments, threat detection, incident response, and compliance consulting.
- Ensure that all security services provided by Effectual adhere to relevant industry standards, compliance frameworks, and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the incident response team in identifying, containing, and mitigating security incidents and breaches. Establish proactive threat detection and monitoring capabilities to safeguard against emerging threats.
- Foster strategic partnerships with cybersecurity vendors, staying at the forefront of technological advancements in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, or a related field. Advance degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience in leading cybersecurity teams in a consultancy or professional services environment
- In-depth knowledge of cloud security best practices, with a focus on AWS
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, of CISA
- Strong understanding of compliance frameworks, GDPA, HIPPA, NIST, etc.
- Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
Company Offered Benefits
Full-time employees are eligible to participate in our employee benefit programs:
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurances,
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurances,
- 401k with Company match
- Paid time off (PTO) (120 hours PTO that accrue over one year)
- Paid time off for major holidays (14 days per year)
- These and any other employee benefit offerings are subject to management’s discretion and may change at any time.
Salary Range for this position: $151,000-$245,000
CA ID: IT10000617
“Salary ranges provided are for informational purposes only and may vary depending on factors such as experience, qualifications, and geographic location. The final salary offer will be determined based on the candidate's skills and alignment with the role requirements.”
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described, and may be amended anytime at the sole discretion of the Employer. Duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship. Effectual Inc. is an EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected classification in its hiring, promoting, or any other job-related opportunity.