For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
- Nurture A Learner’s Mindset – using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and development areas
- Build Shared Success – building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Be an Owner – holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Create Belonging – recognizing the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to our company
Guild Education is looking for a Director of Business Development to lead a team of B2B enterprise focused BDRs. This team will handle all inbound and outbound prospecting. The team will be passionate about educating and evangelizing the Guild’s mission to prospects. This team’s main goal is to drive pipeline growth through crafting relevant connections, account research, and driving new opportunities with the right personas in our target accounts. They will do that through partnering very closely with sales and marketing.
We are looking for someone with the right energy, competitive spirit, personal drive, and track record of successfully handling, coaching and mentoring business development teams.
Business development is at the forefront of the sales process. The BDR team serves the crucial functions of qualifying inbound leads, prospecting through target accounts and generating pipeline. We are looking for someone with ability, knowledge, and hunger to step in as player-coach daily that includes tactical management of reps, outbound calls & shadows, and outstanding knowledge in Guild’s strategy and operations.
- Own and implement the strategy for the BDR organization
- Prioritize and build prospecting playbooks and manuals
- Develop plans to target, penetrate, and develop pipeline with outbound programs
- Build strategies to optimize inbound conversions for both inbound requests and top of funnel leads
- Strategize and partner closely with Key Account Directors to target prospect accounts
- Establish team capacity models aligned to achieving pipeline goals
- Develop comp plans that motivate and drive success
- Create goals and target plans for individual BDRs
- Manage, coach, and mentor BDRs on their daily activities for them to be successful
- Drive personalized campaigns based on verticals, 1:1, and personas
- Work with demand generation & account based marketing teams to create unique prospect experience in early funnel stages
- Provide clear visibility to stakeholders on meetings, opportunities and pipeline performance and manage ongoing forecasting
- Continuously maintain and share Salesforce.com dashboards and performance metrics
- Conduct high-level conversations with C-level and VP-level Executives to address business needs.
- Partner with Sales leadership to ensure proper follow up and conversions are happening through the funnel
This role is in marketing reports directly to Sr. Director of Demand Generation and Account Based Marketing
5-7 years of sales and/or BDR/SDR leadership experience in B2B SaaS.
- Proven ability to truly engage the team, to motivate, inspire and drive a performance-based culture to deliver measurable value to our clients
- Excellent BDR skills
- Smart, humble and ambitious
- Detail oriented, tenacious, responsible and self-motivated.
- Salesforce.com experience required
- Analytics and data driven approach to decision making
- Empathetic and good coach
- Experience working in sales or with sales leadership on a regular basis
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000-$162,500 plus variable (bonus) compensation eligibility as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation – and with a valuation of $4.4 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 15 days of PTO/vacation in the first year. After your first year (or for Guilders in Director+ positions), you transition into an open vacation policy.
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 12 weeks of parental leave for non-birthing parents and 18-20 weeks for birthing parents; 4-week ramp-up period for when employees return from a leave of 6 weeks or more; as well as employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, fertility and caregiving benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including free and low cost mental health resources and financial wellbeing support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.