Join Tubi (www.tubi.tv), Fox Corporation's premium ad-supported video-on-demand (AVOD) streaming service leading the charge in making entertainment accessible to all. With over 200,000 movies and television shows, including a growing library of Tubi Originals, 200+ local and live news and sports channels, and 455 entertainment partners featuring content from every major Hollywood studio, Tubi gives entertainment fans an easy way to discover new content that is available completely free. Tubi's library has something for every member of our diverse audience, and we're committed to building a workforce that reflects that diversity. We're looking for great people who are creative thinkers, self-motivators, and impact-makers looking to help shape the future of streaming.
About the Role:
Tubi is adding a Director, Associate General Counsel-level attorney to focus on privacy and data use matters to our growing legal team. You will play a key role in providing legal guidance on Tubi's initiatives impacting privacy, data use and protection, and cybersecurity. You will partner cross-functionally with Fox's co-privacy officers and InfoSec teams, and Tubi's ad sales, growth, engineering, product, and other teams to advise on data use and privacy while managing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance. You will be working with your fellow legal colleagues as an invaluable resource on data use and privacy issues as they negotiate commercial and other licensing deals in support of the company operations, and will have a direct impact on our service as we continue to grow and scale internationally. The legal department comprises eight different teams supporting the business and legal operations for the company. We are fast-paced and collaborative while we work on challenging issues, and strive to be an excellent partner to our fellow Tubies. This position will report to our Deputy General Counsel.
- Help develop, enhance, run, and scale Tubi's privacy program, including privacy operations and documentation; employee training; policy enforcement, monitoring and auditing
- Work with Tubi’s DGC and Fox shared services teams to implement entity-wide guidance and best practices for privacy and data security, scope and perform periodic data privacy risk assessments, mitigation, and remediation, including data control design and monitoring, as well as the mitigation of privacy and security risks
- Help develop external privacy notices and disclosures, and manage internal policies and procedures to ensure compliance with global data use, privacy, and cybersecurity laws
- Providing legal support to our cross-functional teams (including ad sales, growth, marketing, product, and engineering) concerning data use and privacy obligations and limitations
- Partner with your legal team members and Product/Engineering teams to instill privacy compliant strategies throughout product and software development practices
- Act as a key resource to other legal team members and the point person on commercial and content licensing matters involving data use, privacy, and security, including negotiation of DPA and other privacy-related provisions in commercial agreements
- Create and provide playbooks, guides and training to other legal team members and cross-functional stakeholders on areas within the privacy purview to ensure Tubi has a consistent and clear position on applicable data protection laws, regulations, and relevant self-regulatory frameworks
- Remain up-to-date on relevant consumer protection, data use, privacy and data security laws and regulations, as well as on technological developments, threat vectors, and evolving industry standards to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound compliance advice
- Assisting other legal team members with overflow work and counseling clients as needed
- 8+ years of combined, relevant legal experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments for entertainment, media, advertising, and/or technology companies
- Experience providing pragmatic and actionable advice to clients on various legal risks and obligations under privacy and data security laws in the U.S., Canada, and Europe (including CPRA and GDPR at a minimum)
- Advised on and managed internal policies and procedures on data use, security, and privacy, as well as advising on data use and privacy issues for ad sales and commercial transactions
- Fluency in translating legal advice into actionable guidance for other non-legal cross-functional teams
- Sharp analytical and communication skills, are diligent, proactive, collaborative, and have demonstrated excellent legal and business judgment and strategic thinking
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, creative environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities under time constraints
- Exceptional leadership and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to balance necessary legal protections with practical business needs
- CIPP certification preferred
- JD received from an ABA-accredited U.S. law school
- Admission to the State Bar of California is preferred. Registered In-House Counsel is acceptable, provided the individual is licensed in at least one U.S. state
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is listed annually below. This role is also eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, long-term incentive plan and various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents.
Tubi is a division of Fox Corporation, and the FOX Employee Benefits summarized here, covers the majority of all US employee benefits. The following distinctions below outline the differences between the Tubi and FOX benefits:
- For US-based non-exempt Tubi employees, the FOX Employee Benefits summary accurately captures the Vacation and Sick Time.
- For all US-based employees, Tubi offers 12 paid “Tubi Holidays” in addition to the 10 FOX Corporate Company paid holidays.
- For all salaried/exempt employees, in lieu of the FOX Vacation policy, Tubi offers a Flexible Time off Policy to manage all personal matters.
- For all full-time, regular employees, in lieu of FOX Paid Parental Leave, Tubi offers a generous Parental Leave Program, which allows parents twelve (12) weeks of paid bonding leave within the first year of the birth, adoption, surrogacy, or foster placement of a child. This time is 100% paid through a combination of any applicable state, city, and federal leaves and wage-replacement programs in addition to contributions made by Tubi.
- For all full-time, regular employees, Tubi offers a monthly wellness reimbursement.
Tubi is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.