Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The role of a Development Lead will help shape and define the Engineering culture alongside the other Team Leads and Engineering Managers. You will focus on the development of the Cloud Shared Services, a platform that powers the majority of Adaptavist cloud products.
This is very much a hybrid role. You’ll be managing the balance of your individual contributions and supporting your team in delivery. As an Engineering Team lead you will be hands-on contributing to apps that help 20 million people around the world using the Atlassian tools to make better software. At the same time, you will lead an agile team practicing continuous improvement. Growing the technical and professional skills of your team is a key part of your responsibility so you’ll be mentoring, coaching and using our development framework to help individuals increase their impact and grow their career.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with priority setting for products
- Deliver updates to key stakeholders
- Ensure the team has the right tools, technology and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Leading software development team following agile processes
- People Management
- Hiring and/or onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying level of experience
- Work with direct reports to agree objectives and to create and support development plans
- Facilitate and enable collaboration
- Align the team with product and business priorities
- Designing, writing and testing solutions
- Complex, collaborative problem solving
- Performing code peer reviews
- Writing automated tests at unit, integration and functional levels and manage code quality within the team
- Troubleshooting builds and deployments
- Assisting with support escalations
What we’re looking for
- Strong software development skills in one backend technology (Java, Groovy)
- Experience collaborating with & coaching more junior engineers
- Experience of Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of working in CI environment
- Understanding service oriented architecture with extensible APIs
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Experience working with Cloud Services such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or similar technologies
A few nice to haves
- Atlassian Ecosystem experience
- Plugin development experience
- Leading of agile ceremonies