As Development Director (R&D), you will be responsible for seeing projects through to completion on behalf of our game developer partners.
In collaboration with the broader Forte ecosystem, our Development Director (R&D) will manage entire project lifecycles, including all meeting and communication requirements.
These projects contribute to product deployment, enabling player communities around the world with safe and intuitive tools to participate in new and creative economic opportunities.
In this role, you will…
- Empower individuals on teams so they have ownership over their areas of expertise and can deliver a product on-time with high standards.
- Manage day-to-day operations including planning and maintaining schedules, tracking dependencies, capacity planning, process optimization, training development, program implementation and general administration.
- Coordinate teams internally to proactively unblock, anticipate, and remove any obstacles that get in the way of delivery.
- Collaborate with cross team stakeholders within each business unit, as well as central support teams, to translate product requirements into achievable project milestones.
- Design process improvements to ensure teams run efficiently.
- Play a crucial role in making sure teams are engaged and at their best, especially in the heat of productionTrack, visualize and communicate project status to the company.
- Define, maintain, and publish project KPI’s that track project success, status and quality.
The ideal candidate will have…
- 8+ years production experience in games or software industry.
- Expert in project management techniques and tools (ex. Jira, Confluence, Notion).
- A professional level understanding of the Blockchain technology and Digital Assets space.
- Work experience with R&D is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to present information in a clear and concise way to multiple audiences and formats.
- Ability to engage with people at all levels: Start Up Executives, Engineers, CTOs, etc.
- A keen sense for how to navigate personalities and problem solve to ensure the best outcome.
- Ability to deliver success for partners by having a thorough understanding of Forte’s platform and its underlying technology.
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups.
- Growth mindset with the ability to think outside the box when presented with challenges or ambiguity
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The opportunity to build something that's never been built before – to solve new problems and to develop solutions with a team of industry leaders by your side.
- A learning environment where you'll be hands-on with the latest tools and technologies.
- The opportunity to merge personal passions or interests you may have for blockchain and/or gaming with your professional path.
- Competitive compensation
- Generous home office stipend for creating a comfortable and productive work space
- Monthly stipend for snacks, meals, and things you may need to enhance your remote work experience!
- Paid medical, dental, and vision insurance – employer contributions for employees and dependents
- 401k match up to $4000/year + Pre-tax commuter and FSA benefits
- Unlimited PTO – take time when you need it
Forte is building economic technology for games. Its end-to-end platform enables the emergence of community economics, a system where the interests of game developers and players are aligned, leading to healthier, sustainable game communities. The team is composed of longtime industry members (Unity, ngmoco, Riot Games, Electronic Arts, Sony, and Rockstar Games, among others).
Forte is currently working with over thirty acclaimed game developers from across the industry to reimagine the economics of games.