We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
The Filling and Saving team builds and maintains one of the most important sets of features in 1Password. Without the fundamental capability to save and fill items, 1Password wouldn’t exist. But more importantly, this team is responsible for beating the competition in reliability and improving the overall experience that every 1Password user relies on daily. Our founders refer to the 1Password Brain as “our secret sauce.” The stakes are high; we’ll either blow users away or cause them to stop using 1Password entirely.
Remote by design. 1Password has been remote-first since our inception in 2005, meaning that we’re no stranger to building digital community and culture. With our teams fully remote and located all around the world, we stay connected through company-wide events, coffee chats, fun Slack channels, and peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly — just to name a few. Our remote environment means that you have the flexibility to make those midday workout classes, take your dog out for a walk when they need one, and run errands on your own schedule. As an intern, you can expect to set core hours with your manager, and then work when you’re at your best. We all thrive in different conditions, so we encourage you to make your workday work for you! 💙
This is a remote opportunity within Canada.
This position will be for 4 months – May 2024 to August 2024.
What you can expect:
- Implement or improve features for the 1Password browser extension and client applications
- Collaborate with people across the company like Product Management, Design, Customer Support, Quality Assurance, and other Software Development teams
- Work throughout the stack to solve problems and delight customers
What we’re looking for:
- Confidence: A willingness to take on new challenges, and see them through to completion.
- Humility: You’re not afraid to ask “stupid” questions and make mistakes (as long as you learn from them).
- Curiosity: You look for better ways of doing things, even if everyone seems happy with how they are.
- Teamwork: We work together, and succeed as a team!
Bonus points for:
- Experience with TypeScript.
- Experience with Rust